New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensors needed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010 | 07:33 PM

Default O2 Sensors needed?

Well, I just had my new headers and exhaust put on my WS6. (Pacesetter LT's and corsa catback) However, the guy who did the install had to place the sensors in a funny location. He said he put them somewhere on top of the tranny because he couldn't drill holes in the new exhaust because the check engine light would come on. Unfortunately, the check engine light came on anyway because of the sensors. He had two suggestions. First, was to buy what he called an O2 sensor simulator. Second, take it to a tuner and have them tuned out of the car. With either of these options, will the car still pass emissions? (Emissions are required where I'm at.)
Old 04-21-2010 | 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

Just unplug the rear O2 sensors and tie the harnesses up out of the way. O2 simulators are hard to find these days after the EPA got after the manufacturer's of them. However, you can have a simple code delete done to turn the light off and you will be good to go!

Jon
Old 04-21-2010 | 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes have them tuned out. As long as you are not throwing a code you will pass. At least here you will.....