New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing running lights/blinkers in 01' T/A...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing running lights/blinkers in 01' T/A...

Hey guys,

I'm suffering from a mild case of mental retardation. How the hell do I change the blinker in my 01' WS6? I can't seem to get to it from the top, and the bottom looks like I have to tear off half of the under carriage to get to it. Any suggestions?

My other problem is, my pssgr blinker stopped wokring, though the parking light still works. That made the blinker tick very slowly, or not at all. Yesterday, my driver side blinker stopped working. Very slow ticking at first, then delayed ticking, then not at all. What are the chances that both of my blinkers went at relatively close to the same time? I just found it kinda odd.

Anyway, looks like I'll be changing both bulbs in either side. Somebody clue me in!

Mike
Old 01-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

I think on my TA when I changed the lights I turned on the headlights to make them come up and when there up gives you a little room to get to the runing lights Hope this helps
Old 01-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

I asked the same question 2 days ago... You can get at the running lights from the hole directly under the running light. If you don't really understand now you will once you try it. Rotate the housing counter-clockwise and it will pop off. Replace the bulb, then put the housing back in.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CCSRACER
I asked the same question 2 days ago... You can get at the running lights from the hole directly under the running light.
That's were I got it from
Old 01-12-2004, 08:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i took out a few screws on the plastic and reached right up to it from the bottom. took 10 min
Old 01-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Teching In

once you have the screws out, it looks like the light is in a casing. do you pull the whole casing or what?
Old 01-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CCSRACER
I asked the same question 2 days ago... You can get at the running lights from the hole directly under the running light. If you don't really understand now you will once you try it. Rotate the housing counter-clockwise and it will pop off. Replace the bulb, then put the housing back in.
Exactly what i've always done..... unless you have really big hands.
Old 01-19-2004, 11:36 AM
Teching In

sorry, should have mentioned i was talking about the blinkers, not the fog lights.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:55 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by SMOKIN01TA
i took out a few screws on the plastic and reached right up to it from the bottom. took 10 min
You can reach both the front marker/turn signal(daytime running) amber lights and the side turn signal lights from the bottom. The foglights use another hole under the car I think.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Launching!

WOW glad this post was here. I couldnt figure out how to get the darn things out. I tried rotating both ways at first but wasn't even sure it was the right thing. Actually on mine I had to rotate clockwise on the driverside - i dont remember which way on the passenger side. Anyways you ALSO have to squeeze the little piece of plastic on there to allow it to rotate or it will not rotate far enough. Lastly the blinkers do have to work on brighter and dimmer. My drivers side was completely out, but passenger side - only the flash was out. I had 3 lights go out at the same darn time - but I also just drove 3000 miles back and forth to Florida.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Yup. Little hands like mine. Right through the hole underneath the turn/park light. Push in the tab and turn. Walla!
Old 05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Teching In

I just got a trans am 2 weeks ago and my drivers side blinker/day time running light went out, when i changed the bulb a lot of water came out. I checked the passengers side light and the same thing happened. I was wondering if this is a common thing, and if anyone knows how to fix it.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2000Trans_Am
I just got a trans am 2 weeks ago and my drivers side blinker/day time running light went out, when i changed the bulb a lot of water came out. I checked the passengers side light and the same thing happened. I was wondering if this is a common thing, and if anyone knows how to fix it.
Now that you mention it that happened to me also when I just changed mine. There is a gasket seal for the things, but apparantly they dont work well, or its a lot of condensation or something. Apparantly that grease crap in there helps because i saw no rust on the metal terminals inside the connector.