New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 SS, first mods. Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

There is nothing wrong with modifying a 24K mile camaro IMO. Generally the first bolt-ons that make the most since are ones that control the air in, and the air out of the car. These mods generally include Intake manifold and lid/filter for increased airflow in. Airflow out would be your headers, ypipe and cutout (assuming you are keeping your stock cat back). If it were my car and you were looking for the most bang for your buck I would do an LS6 intake manifold, Long tubes, ypipe, and a cutout (It may not sound as nice as a cam car, but hey that is probably your next mod ). All of these will give you a great starting ground to build on. Check out our website on the link below!

http://www.tickperformance.com/categ...eatured&page=1
Old 02-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i recently purchased a 00 ss vert m6 myself, 72k on the clock completely bone stock in pefect condition for $8k. First mods for me were a lid, cai kit, catback and 85mm maf. Definately pulls harder now and has a great sound. Have quite a few things waiting to go in next but probably in the immediate future going to do shock tower brace and sfcs to stiffen her up a lil.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

i got tsp duels in nov. i paided 746 to ge them to my door. i can tell a differance in the car slightly but i have yet to get it tuned...their catted y pipe is 330 tho and since im in the military i cut off my cats.

Quick Reply: 2001 SS, first mods. Opinions?