Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

long awaited project finally ready to begin

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long awaited project finally ready to begin

so long story short about 4 years ago i bought a 2000 red trans am. m6, ttops, black leather, about 54000 miles. had the car two yrs put on a lid, pacesetter lt headers, ory and flowmaster catback. then i spun a bearing . anyways i now how the funds and have found a machine shop to rebuild my engine. so i am ready to pull my motor for the first time. we are planning on going out the top. just personal prefrance. this is the first time ive ever pulled an engine so just looking for some tips. any advice on something i may overlook is appreciated. ill be having h/c and supporting mods installed during the rebuild.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check this link it shows everything you need to do to remove the engine and transmission from bottom!! i follow does steps except i just disconnected the harness from coils sensor starter alternator and grounds i just didn't feel like removing the harness! you see what im talking about once you see the link

http://www.z28.com/forum/articles/11...ottom-how.html
Old 06-06-2010, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

bookmarked ^
Old 06-06-2010, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the link. any other help please chime in!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't have that nice lift to pick up my camaro so i got 4 car ramps, a cherry picker 2 stands and 2 wood mover dolly's here are some pics so you can get an idea!! the pic with the red camaro is not my car i always had the ramp on my rear tires so i didn't had to lift that much and always had room to work underneath!! before lifting my car i installed the dolly's under my k-member and trans so i could move around once is out as you can see on my engine at the bottom!!
Attached Thumbnails long awaited project finally ready to begin-removal.jpg   long awaited project finally ready to begin-tire_on_ramp.jpg   long awaited project finally ready to begin-dolly.jpg   long awaited project finally ready to begin-picture-001.jpg  

Quick Reply: long awaited project finally ready to begin