nitrous....
Old 06-16-2010, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nitrous kit w/ tune....
Old 07-24-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VetteBoy99 - ahh the classic n20 statements, clearly you dont know or your 'buddies' know enough about it.
Nitrous will not melt your motor, that comment just shows ignorance on your part.
Apply all the electronic controls and have it tuned for it... just like ANY MOD!! (nudge vetteboy99)... if its not tuned correctly, your packing it in. FI and N2o is just less forgiving with your ERROR on you or your buddies part. I call it wreck less modding.
I ran on a stock block on the bottle, must have went through 100 fills on the 15lb tank(approx 120 rwhp gain), no issues seen, probably because i know what fuel pressure, a Wideband and knock is.

dereklburt-
Yes, cts-v 3.73.
The Cts-v Gen I Throttle is a 78mm, any chances require ECM adjustments.
Ref:
http://www.trafficjams.ca/Performanc...tleUpgrade.htm

Why is nothing mentioned about bushings, rear end hop (required axles), clutch... the $$ add up.

good luck with your decision which ever route you go.
looking for 450rwhp (dynojet) will require you to do full valvetrain, cnc heads, cam, exhaust, tune... bit o coin.

why dont you just drop 6K on a maggie setup? Surprised that option hasn't been mentioned.

Last edited by vmapper; 07-24-2010 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

whats your budget?you can send your heads to TEA to be ported or buy airflow research heads or trickflow 215cnc heads.a used fast 92mm intake and matching throttle body.a custom cam from EPS.bigger injectors and a good tune.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

If all you are wanting is a 100 rwhp I would go with a good set of Lt's, a cold air intake, maybe a ported tb, an underdrive pulley, and a good tune would get you close. The Ls6 heads and intake are pretty good stock. But whatever you do to it get it tuned that makes all the differance in the world. Good luck j
Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

what I love about this thread, is there are alot of folks that dont know enough about the V answering questions regarding it...

listen to Vmapper, and then go to the V specific section so you dont go wasting your money on things that the Fbody's need, not the V

but for the cliff notes, save your money on the full exhaust, none of the aftermarket exhaust made will make a big difference in gains, only noise, the V catback flows really well. The long tubes will help out, as will heads, cam, and intake.

Those are great and all, and like Vmapper said, bushings, your gonna want to replace all that you can, you WILL HAVE to replace the motor mounts, the engineered ones wont last, if they are not already bad. You can really benefit from a clutch swap out, the stock one weighs a ton.

etc. etc

Quick Reply: Question about LS6-cheapest way to add 100whp