New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fernco bellow

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004 | 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Another consideration with the Fernco is that it is much stiffer than a real bellow. This lack of flex may cause undue stress on your lid.

fyi
Old 01-17-2004 | 02:00 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by S2002S
Another consideration with the Fernco is that it is much stiffer than a real bellow. This lack of flex may cause undue stress on your lid.

fyi
Do you have any experience with one or are you just regurgitating what you've read on the board? I've never had a single problem with mine and neither has anyone I know.
Old 01-17-2004 | 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlackBowtie
What kind of gains are you guys seeing with this mod? I have no problem putting a $6 rubber hose from Home Depot on my $27K car...but is it even worth the effort? I'm guessing that if everything else is completely stock, you wouldn't see or feel much of a gain...but when combined with a LID, a better flowing filter and whatever other induction mods, it will make a difference.
Ok guys, here is the concept, money and horse power are alot alike, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH OF EITHER!!!..ie..every little bit helps..on top of that if u trim the fernco right it is much cleaner looking that that damn accordion looking factory crap that came on it...smooths out the air flow..
Old 01-17-2004 | 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by unit213
Do you have any experience with one or are you just regurgitating what you've read on the board? I've never had a single problem with mine and neither has anyone I know.

DITTO ON THAT
Old 01-17-2004 | 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by S2002S

fyi
IF U FIT IT CORRECTLY U WILL HAVE NO PROBLEM..THE LID GOES DIRECTLY ON THE MAF..THE FERNCO CONNECTS THE MAF AND THE TB

Quick Reply: Fernco bellow