Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Rev on Start up

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default High Rev on Start up

my car just started doing it and im kinda worried. whenever i first start it up the rpms have doubled from what they use to be. it usually stays there for about a few seconds and goes back to normal but what is causing this?
Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sticking IAC maybe, pull it off the throttle body and hose it down with electrical parts cleaner till clean. Also clean the throttle body, and the passage in the throttle body where the IAC sticks in especially. Just hose it down with cleaner and wipe with a rag until all of the carbon buildup is gone.

If its not that I'd start looking for a small vacuum leak.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2500ak
Sticking IAC maybe, pull it off the throttle body and hose it down with electrical parts cleaner till clean. Also clean the throttle body, and the passage in the throttle body where the IAC sticks in especially. Just hose it down with cleaner and wipe with a rag until all of the carbon buildup is gone.

If its not that I'd start looking for a small vacuum leak.
This... do you notice any weird idling issues after startup? It sounds exactly like a sticking IAC or vacuum leak, but it should do it more often than just startup.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it do it on a cold engine, or all the time? Might be trying to warm the engine if it's only on a cold start

Quick Reply: High Rev on Start up