New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive around without trac bar?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drive around without trac bar?

i ordered the traction bar/ ladder bar relocation bracket and i was going to take off the bar when i put it on and clean it up and paint it, my question is, is it just a ladder bar and is it ok to drive around with it off if u dont get on it hard or anything or is it more important then that and its a bad idea to drive with out it off?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you mean the torque arm that connects the rear end to the tail shaft of the trans?if you need that or the rear house spins and destroys the drive shaft and many other things.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean lower control arms? They're not "ladder bars", and no, you can't drive the car without them, unless you hate your car.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:03 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by Element
You mean lower control arms? They're not "ladder bars", and no, you can't drive the car without them, unless you hate your car.

Control arms are NOT the same as ladder/traction bars. They are required equpitment and not an add-on.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no not control arms, yes the torque arm, called it that and some one said no thats not what its called so lol, but ya i noticed that when i was unbolting it i was like hmm this isnt gunna work, didnt paint it anyway cause it had that under coating bs on it so it was all rough, just stuck it back up, and BTW highly recomand the kit, worth the $200 some

Search this Thread