New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Z28 - Basic Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just cannot decide on a cat-back. With my z28 being bone stock, I can't stand that it sounds like any other car on the road. That being said, I don't want it to be stupid loud either. I may never add headers, I would like to plan for it in case I decide to, but I would say that headers is unlikely, at least in the foreseeable future. I want it to sound good and mean with spirited driving, but reasonable, if not quiet, at cruising RPM. Also, where I park it, the rear backs right up to my 2 year old son's room, and I don't want to wake him up everytime I start it. As if that is not enough, I am on a limited budget. Help!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Launching!

I have a LM1 on a stock exhaust on a 98 camaro z28, if my father starts my car up outside I can hear it in my room, will it be enough to wake your son, no idea. Lm1 is nice everywhere but 1800-2100 rpm, where it drones in the car. Im an automatic if that makes any difference. Im looking at adding a bit of sound deadening in the trunk and hoping it will drop the drone a bit. Otherwise really enjoy it. If you had a convertible, definetly would suggest it, had to move something in the trunk and couldnt close the hatch, greatest sound ever. I got mine for 125 used, and it was mint, so couldnt pass it up. Just my 2 cents. good luck.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

I would forget everything else and get HEADERS and TRUE DUALS, you wont regret it...
Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Teching In

Well comparing to the gto, power 2 weight my Z28 is best, first mod I recomend is gears 410's as mentioned before here.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Launching!

Have to say again, the LM1 has got to be one of the best sounding CB Exhaust out there for the money. Future header install shouldn't affect the decision, as it is easy and inexpensive to change the sound with a new muffler. Any catback without LT's or ORY isn't going to be very loud. LM1 is probably the loudest you can get, but it's honestly not that bad. Never had a single complaint about how loud it was until i put on the LT's and ORY. Even the drone wasn't as bad as everyone was saying it would be. Just catback, the LM1 sounds so sick...give it a little rev to someone behind you and it sounds to them like a monster is about to come out of the tailpipes haha. The LM1 is extremely underrated, get it and you won't regret it!