New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straight pipe/cutout

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I printed your pic off and am gonna see about replicating that setup on my car.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Resident

Ok guys so I have a question because I am doing this on wed..right now my exhaust is stock besides the gmmg cat back. Wed I am adding pacesetter lts ,pacesetter ory, and a cut out Right after the y.(because my car is so low). So how would that sound? With the cut out open....
Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say Loud. with the old H/C combo I had high flow cats after the headers with a cutout just after the over axle pipe and the stock muffler. I could drive the car with the cutout open most of the time with the cats getting rid of alot of the rasp.
This is not the best for performance I know but it did sound good.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Resident

i have LTs into modded ORY pipe to Borla 3inch cat back all 3in straight pipe, its loud but not stupid loud,sounds good imo, when i say modded ORY what i did is put cutouts right after each header, so 2 cutouts total, then took a 1ft out of each side of the ory pipe to fit back up normally, with it being straight pipe 3inch its loud but not ridiculous loud at all, its decently quite till u open it up past 3k rpms, but when i want i can pop both cutouts and run pretty much open headers and sounds like a completely diff car, WAYY WAAAYYY louder, IMO putting a cutout behind the Y pipe isnt the best if u have a loud or stright pipe exhaust, isnt going to change much imo especially if u have cats, if ur stock or (as OP) has a flowmaster 80 series or something equally quite after the cutout then yes it will be louder then that and that may be all u want and thats cool, but if i cut out my exhaust (meant that as in opening my cutouts) i want it to cut out ALL of my exhaust. but just my 2 cents, not ragging on anyone or anything, and this is my DD and only vehicle too btw

Quick Reply: Straight pipe/cutout