Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i gotta question about suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i gotta question about suspension

i bought a 00 z28 a couple months ago, all stock besides a borla exhaust. currently the only mod i have done to it is a lid box mod. over winter i plan on puttin in hooker long tubes, rebuild the trans., throw on a short throw shifter, (possibly a lighter flywheel and or camshaft but still undecided =/) and get a basic tune to top it all off. my car is going to be a summer dd but i do plan on a bit of street racing but im not gonan beat the **** out of my car everyday, anyways i would still like to get good burnouts and launches without having to worry about killin my stock supsension, i have heard too many stories of people breaking various things and having to get new setup, okay i know that was long ahah but i was wondering wat are some simple things i can do or change on my suspension, without havin to spend 3k ahah, thanks guys!!
Old 10-22-2010, 01:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

You CANNOT launch a 6 speed car without upgrading the rear, DS, and torque arm. You better stick to roll races. Congrats on buying an M6

Old 10-22-2010, 05:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The suspension isn't the weak link on these cars, the 10 bolt rear end is. On that note, I would atleast add some lower control arms and subframe connectors as far as suspension to keep the wheel hop to a minimum. 6 speeds are hard on the wee lil 10 bolt and if you bang the gears hard enough it will wear it out if not break it. Soooo that leads me to my next suggestion...........SAVE for a stronger rear. At the very least a 12 bolt, but I prefer the 9", but the S60 is another option. Don't waste time rebuilding the 10 bolt unless you ABSOLUTELY have too!

As far as a lighter flywheel, I'd suggest the billet steel unit. Unless you plan to do alot of road racing the aluminum flywheel isn't necessary.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes-16/

https://ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles-15/
Old 10-24-2010, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay i got ya thanks for the advice guys!!!! =)