New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drl Module Turn Singal Please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drl Module Turn Singal Please help

i have a 98 camaro, my front right turn signal stopped working. it doesnt light at all. I followed the wire thru the whole car and it is tested as good. It then connects into a drl module behind the radio. the turn signals on the left side work just fine and normal but when i put on the right side the green lite on the dash stays solid. The back right turn signal lights up but i have to flash it by hand to make it blink. Nothing at all from the front right. I saw on a site that i should cut the dark blue and dark blue and white wire on the drl module and splice them together to by pass it. then do the same with the light blue ones as well. I did this. Now my front right turn signal stays on solid all the time when i turn on my head lights. Can anyone help me please. I called gm and looked for a new drl module and gm said that the product is no longer made. So how the heck can i fix my car if they dont make the part i need.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to the general repairs, or matience section.

Anytime a signal stopped working or the switch for the high beams was the actual switch selector itself.

You may have to hit the junk yards but I sure would not be splicing parts.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.. u sure it isnt just a bad bulb? lol...
Old 11-04-2010, 09:24 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Check out gmpartsdirect.com, they still have it-that's where I got mine. Although....I don't remember it being so expensive...Wow...
Old 11-05-2010, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def sure its not the bulb, wires or connector i tested them all. I tested the DRL module and that is working fine. Now i am sure its in the steering collum. Any idea how i can get a diagram to see where my wires go to and from for my turn signals?

Quick Reply: drl Module Turn Singal Please help