Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to run wideband wires?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to run wideband wires?

I have my wideband from my gto and am in the process of putting it in. I have everything ready to go just about. But I cant figure out where to run the wires from the sensor. As in where to come through the firewall. The gauge its self will be going on the pillar. Thanks
Old 11-17-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you're putting it into an fbody?

Just on the passenger side firewall, behind the PCM, there is a grommet. Take off the kick panel and the other panel underneath the glove box, just cut a hold in the grommet.

or drill through the firewall
Old 11-17-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i ran mine through the grommet under the floorboard - no issues and its been like that for 2yrs.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:26 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I ran mine up through the opening for the transmission shifter because I have mine in the center of the dash. So it comes up through the trans tunnel, then up the center of the dashboard.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I ran mine up through the opening for the transmission shifter because I have mine in the center of the dash. So it comes up through the trans tunnel, then up the center of the dashboard.
Is that on a manual?

I have an automatic and was just wondering if I can route it the same way, If there is a spot under where the shifter and stuff is?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i ran mine through the grommet under the floorboard - no issues and its been like that for 2yrs.
which grommet under the floorboard?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JLoosh
Is that on a manual?

I have an automatic and was just wondering if I can route it the same way, If there is a spot under where the shifter and stuff is?

There's got to be a hole somewhere in the trans tunnel to route it. Pull the center console off and if there's a place to push it through.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ran mine through the grommet in the floorboard also...just pull up the carpet and it's right there
Old 12-29-2012, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Run it up around the shifter opening in the trans tunnel. What I did is remove center console and the rubber boot that screws to the trans tunnel. I then used my dremel to grind a half-moon slot at the drive side front of where the boot mounts (there's a low spot where I made the slot)and take the edge off the slot so it doesn't cut the cable. You want to grind the slot up to the outside edge of where the rubber boot mounts, then when you re-install the boot it should fit snug against the cable.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
Exactly the same here. I think it's been 2 years this winter. Poked a hole in the shift boot and ran em through there. Other than a power wire. Using an LC1 also. Stuck the whole interface in front of the shifter.

Keep it out of the way of the idiots "Hey! What's this do???" Could have put the light up at the gauge, but I wanted the calibrate button way out of the way. Followed the install instructions pretty closely.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Do the automatics look the same on the trans tunnel as the manuals....as in places to run stuff. Would take mine off and half a looksie but its like 20 degrees and snowing out now so no ambition at the moment.

I've got the ngk afx going in....so I wonder if I can just run the wires out of the front of the center consul area along the floor and find somewhere to mount everything

Quick Reply: Where to run wideband wires?