New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a cam that sounds like the ms4

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hear that the ms4 cam sounds just like the ms4 cam, bingo!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

I have a torquer V2 on a 112 and unless you run open exhaust you won't get that hard lick. Go with something like the little thumper from Scoggin dickey part. Or have texas speed grind you one like it. It is 228/228 - 588/588 and I think it's on a 112. I have heard videos of this grind and it hits a mean lick, meanwhile not to getting to crazy to where your car is a dog off the line. Like Matt from texas speed said a 224 cam will drag your *** down the street from a light with a huge cam. Just give Matt a call at Texas Speed. they know thier **** and I buy all my engine parts from them. Cam, injectors, roller rockers, pushrods, springs, MAF, you name it. You can not beat there service and they are never to busy to answere questions. Tell him what you want, ask a lot of questions. Take his advice even if it's not what you want to hear. I called and said I want a lot of top end without taking all of my low end torque away. He said the torquer V2 would be a good cam. I also let him know of future mods and this was the cam he recommended. I can tell you I wasn't dissapointed. This car pulls from 1800 to 6250 harder than hell and never stops pulling. A great set up. Just tell him Greg from Atlanta told you to call. He will know who you are talking about. Don't wast your time with anyone else. I am putting on of those 228 cams in a 99 SS in a couple of weeks. Maybe we can send you a couple of video clips of sound. Mine and his.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I, as in sig have a 228r cam on a 112lsa and love the all around power range. Any cam you get if you get with a lower lsa will make it more lope/choppy sounding. Also, It is said that the lower lsa you go, the more it moves power up the powerband. With the right setup though almost any cam can be fine, you don't need a donkey dick cam to go fast. Even though they are sick.. I'm happy with my 228 cam though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_4PJGb4oac
Old 01-31-2011, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fccs
I, as in sig have a 228r cam on a 112lsa and love the all around power range. Any cam you get if you get with a lower lsa will make it more lope/choppy sounding. Also, It is said that the lower lsa you go, the more it moves power up the powerband. With the right setup though almost any cam can be fine, you don't need a donkey dick cam to go fast. Even though they are sick.. I'm happy with my 228 cam though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_4PJGb4oac
nice vid and car, not tryin to highjack thread just a quick question, did u just do top end stuff (valve springs, pushrods, rocker arms. basic cam upgrade/install stuff) to hit that rpm safely or u have some other things done to it? minus rev limiter upped/removed