Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Gen LS1 CS130 alternator conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Gen LS1 CS130 alternator conversion

Hey all, Ive searched the stickies and post but cannot find my answer so Maybe someone here can help me. I have dropped a 00' LS1 from a WS6 into my 68 Firebird coupe. I have yet to order my harness as I want to do that last, still have to run transmission lines, drive shaft and myriad of other ankle biters. I am currently trying to square away the factory wiring and am down to removing the voltage regulator and prepping the wiring to accept the harness and the car the cs130 alt. I have read 1000 posts on the inet and none are exactly what I am facing... The blue wire and white wire are on the regulator plug (cut) but nowhere in the factory harness (the car had the factory 350 and an SI alt), The new cs130 has a 4 pin connector and I have no idea how to pair my existing wiring to the 4 pin cs130. I had removed the factory idiot lights and bezel and have been running all electric autometer guages. Do I cut into the new harness's alt plug and splice my brown wire and resistor there? Help please

Thanks for any help,

Mike
Attached Thumbnails 1st Gen LS1 CS130 alternator conversion-sep09-037.jpg   1st Gen LS1 CS130 alternator conversion-68-fb-before.jpg   1st Gen LS1 CS130 alternator conversion-ls1firebird017.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1st Gen LS1 CS130 alternator conversion