Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2002 WS6 front wheel bearings

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 11:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 WS6 front wheel bearings

While taking my daughter to see my grandmother today. It was finally nice enough to have the windows down ( I'm in central Illinois by the way. ) Going into town i heard a squeek out of the front end. Being **** bout my car and try to P.M. when possible. I went home and was looking for wheel bearing for the front of my car. All I found was the wheel hib assembly. My long winded question is? Is this all they make or can you change just the bearings by themself? Thanks for your help.....
Old 02-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheel Bearings are all sealed, I have had multiple 4th gen cars and never had this issue. Did you replicate it on a jack stand and could hear it??

Check with Napa as they would have a replacement. I do not recall anything specific needed when I checked on this my self. Check the Vehicle Matience section. IF I find anything more ill pass it along.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...placement.html

here it is, 4 bolts, pull out.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 02-14-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Teching In

hub bearings aren't cheap and i would make sure that's the squeak you're hearing before replacing. factory and some aftermarket brake pads have wear indicators on them to let you know it's time to change them. at first they start to squeak when the brakes are applied and then gradually they will squeek whenever the wheel is turning.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is an easy fix just call around because I have seen the price vary from $50-$130+...IIRC though I paid $120 for a Timken (good stuff)..

EDIT: Bearings roar so it should be pretty easy to tell from pads. Sometimes a bad front one can make the steering wander too...
Old 02-14-2011, 11:59 PM
Staging Lane

i have had the same problem a week ago, one way to know for sure if its your wheel bearing going out, is to jack the car up and see if you can wiggle or shake the tire up and down while still bolted on, if so you know its the wheel bearing, and its the whole hub assembly, i had to replace both front hub assembly's in my camaro. its quite easy and can take you probably 40 mins to do it yourself. any more questions just ask.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Thanks everyone. Found one online for $55. Still havent found out for sure what is wrong. 2 mornings in a row it squeeks when you first start to drive. Bout 10 miles later it stops. Finally getting warm enough to jack it up here. ( still snow in Illinois). Will be working on it this weekend.

Quick Reply: 2002 WS6 front wheel bearings