New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is a good cam for my build

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011 | 09:54 AM
Teching In

Default what is a good cam for my build

im new to these LS motors. i picked up an lS1 and took it to the machine shop. it will be bored slightly with a stock crank. i just purchased stock 6.0l heads and it will have a carb setup on it. prolly a dual plane intake, the compression ratio will be about 12:1. it will be going in a full trim g body. i want a real good cam. it will mostly be a drag car but wanna be able to drive it once and a while on the street, the trans is a TH400. and i will purchase a stall converter to match the cam. hopfully you guys can help me pick one thank kyle
Old 02-22-2011 | 08:21 AM
Launching!

call lou LG motorsports
Old 02-22-2011 | 03:30 PM
Teching In

ok thanks
Old 02-22-2011 | 05:03 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by KQuinn
im new to these LS motors. i picked up an lS1 and took it to the machine shop. it will be bored slightly with a stock crank. i just purchased stock 6.0l heads and it will have a carb setup on it. prolly a dual plane intake, the compression ratio will be about 12:1. it will be going in a full trim g body. i want a real good cam. it will mostly be a drag car but wanna be able to drive it once and a while on the street, the trans is a TH400. and i will purchase a stall converter to match the cam. hopfully you guys can help me pick one thank kyle
You might take a look at our 233/239 camshaft on a 112 LSA. We have used that cam on a few carb motors and had some pretty good luck with it. Once you get it tuned in it should still be pretty easy to drive around on the street. Feel free to give us a call if you would like to talk further about it.