New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How does this list of stuff sound that I want to do to my car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
Personally I'd Get a LS6 intake over a -BBK SSI Intake; save some $$ too.
I originally planned too but i like the way the BBK looks and it is supposed to be a little better and i want to paint it to look like this..

Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
I currently have duralast gold ceramic break pads from 'the zone' and they never squeel or have any brake dust. I think they were 30 bucks I would definatly get them again or recommend them. Yeah thats what i figured on the gears, also I didnt see you were an A4 thought it was a stick. I havent replaced the tranny mounts but the owner before me did when he did the moter mounts, i dont know when those go but might as well do them too if there getting old
Ill prob save money and just try them out then, the ones i have now, i forget what they even were, squeal constantly and have horrible amounts of brake dust lol.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There probably stockers thats what mine were, and my god they were bad! Im very satisfied with the golds
Old 03-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Launching!

anybody else have any ideas i should add?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

Anything need done on your interior? New carpet, gauge lights, interior lights, curtesy lights, etc.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Launching!

true...i would like to fix the dam door cracks, everytime someone gets out of my car i cringe when they slam the door there is also a stain on my dash thats been there since i got the car, no clue wtf it is and cannot get it off..

the white spot in the center of the dash above the middle vent, cant see it much in the pic but i hate it
Old 03-11-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Door cracks? You may look into painting the interior, just taking off all those parts and spraying them, it looks great and freshens it up there was someone on the appearance section recently that did that, it would definatly solve that problem for you and make it look like new. If you listen to the radio at all i would get a new deck because the sound is 100x beter trust me, i went for a sony hu not very expensive and so many pro's (only con was i liked the look of stock). Ive been wanting to put in a new steering wheel also i hate the stock ones. You might want a new shifter also. The carpet and seats look brand new, at least from here
Old 03-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
Door cracks? You may look into painting the interior, just taking off all those parts and spraying them, it looks great and freshens it up there was someone on the appearance section recently that did that, it would definatly solve that problem for you and make it look like new. If you listen to the radio at all i would get a new deck because the sound is 100x beter trust me, i went for a sony hu not very expensive and so many pro's (only con was i liked the look of stock). Ive been wanting to put in a new steering wheel also i hate the stock ones. You might want a new shifter also. The carpet and seats look brand new, at least from here
lol yea i got lucky the interior is perfect besides the stain and door cracks...also forgot to mention i have 2 blown speakers that i need to replace
Old 03-11-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah mine were blown when i got it, its funny i took them out and found that the **** thats wrapped around the cone is like paper or something ghetto like that, not even close to the quality of aftermarket ones (rubber or whatever). I ended up just glueing where it tore and it worked and doesnt sound blown anymore, pretty wierd/ghetto but it worked for me. I dont car too much about audio anyways..
Old 03-11-2011, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

I'd do the intake & headers at the same time, and then get a tune right afterwards.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned

get a lid to. idk if that was said I didn't read all the posts.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mike mlodecki
get a lid to. idk if that was said I didn't read all the posts.
lol i have the slp flowpac so already got the SLP lid
Old 03-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Launching!

No-one gonna mention a new rear end? The 10 Bolt sucks. that should be first. Wish i would have made that my first mod.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

check and measure the resistance of you stock plug wires and reuse them if the pass.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by texas99Z28
No-one gonna mention a new rear end? The 10 Bolt sucks. that should be first. Wish i would have made that my first mod.
Unless it starts to see the track often, im not gonna drop the money for a new rear end..as of now its just a DD street car and will most likely rarelyyy see the track. If mine breaks then ill have no choice but to buy a new one, i hear A4's are not as bad with breaking rears though, so ill hope for the best lol
Old 03-11-2011, 09:07 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,284 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by texas99Z28
A whole new rear would be a waste for a street tire, street driven A4 car. You'll blow the trans long before popping the rear under those conditions (unless you have wheel hop issues, but that can be controlled with suspension upgrades). Maybe you had bad luck with your particular setup, but many of us with A4s can cut 1.6-1.8 short times for several years without any 10-bolt issues.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
A whole new rear would be a waste for a street tire, street driven A4 car. You'll blow the trans long before popping the rear under those conditions (unless you have wheel hop issues, but that can be controlled with suspension upgrades). Maybe you had bad luck with your particular setup, but many of us with A4s can cut 1.6-1.8 short times for several years without any 10-bolt issues.
Agreed...even if my 10 bolt broke i would still find it hard to lay out thousands of dollars for a 12 bolt on a daily driven street car lol