Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is the best way to use my money?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 07:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin02
hey slow, would you really help me out with the install on some stuff? i dont really know much about everything but i deffinately like to learn if thats what you ment. but if i got a s/c i would really only trust an ati procharger.and what kinda power would i have and what kinda 1/4 mile times. i know that without building up the bottom end i should run aany more that like 8 or 9 psi. thats what i heard anyways. i would also like some et streets or something like that but im afraid my rear will go the first time i use the car. my car has no traction right now. if i put it in first( i have an auto) i will spin until i let off, so id effinately need some tires. and with the stall do you think i would brake something first time out with everything combined?
Yes I can help you out if you need it. Dont worry about the rear yet. If you put a s/c on the car you will evently have to rebuild the bottom end. I have a set of slicks and skinnies if you want to borrow them till you get your own . I like to go MIR, Mason Dixon and 75/80 dragstrips

I have seen alot of guys with a s/c and still run the same time as some of the guys with just bolt-on. Honest for reliblty I would do all the bolt-ons and heads and cam thats what I am running this year. you will be in deep 11's with full bolt-ons and heads and cam. You also got to remeber about safety at the track 11.99 are faster you will need a 6pt bar in the car with a fire jacket and harness You can email me rcfrench@adelphia.net or give me a call at 240-674-4230
Alot of locals are going to the track on March 6th to MIR you come along and talk to some of the guys there and see what time the heads and cam guys run and some of the guys with the S/C and turbo cars run then ask how much money they have in there car. The cars with S/C have alot more money in there car then I have in mine.
List of my mods

Joe O custom cam
AS stage 2 5.3 heads
pace setter header
SLP loudmouth
Asp pulley
ported t-body
Bogart weled RT wheels
Hoosier QTP
Yank PT 4000
Trans cooler
Comp r lifters
TSP air lid
Lca
Panhard bar
Hals adjustable shocks and springs
FTRA
Thats about $6000 in parts and no labor cost

Plus a trans rebuild and the rear rebuild

There more I just cant think of it right now

Rob

Last edited by slow01z28; 02-19-2004 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:08 AM
Launching!

Oh yeah how many mile are on the Trans and being a 2002 you will defintely need to get LS1 edit to help with torque managemnet

Give me a call or email me

Rob
Old 02-19-2004, 07:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RealDealCamSS
heads / cam / spray / exhaust
probably good for about 500rwhp
the rest for suspension and chassis parts

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen an LS1 supercharger yet that was worth the money for how much power it put out, especially compared to the nitrous systems I've seen. My buddy spent $5,000 on a procharger, and made 380rwhp from a "stock" 320rwhp. It's funny that his $5,000 procharger won't do what my $320 NOS 5177 kit will do. Plus, he had to pay to get it installed and tuned. I installed my nitrous kit myself in three hours and was ready to go.

I'm not saying that the superchargers aren't any good - just that I prefer N20 as the best bang for the buck - ESPECIALLY if you aren't going to run the dog out of your car (I haven't used nitrous in over a month).
I agree seen a couple put on and dyno before and after the S/C and they only picked up about 90 rwhp

Rob
Old 02-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Launching!

If your going with a S/C I would put in a Yank 3600 Extreme for the Stall

Rob