Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ms4 cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ms4 cam

I berly got this cam for trade for some rims i had.. I will be getting the springs soon..I wanted to know is this a good cam for a rebuilt motor and what kind of power am i looking at .Im also thinking of trading it for a ls6 intake ..So far i have long tube pace header 1 7/8ths so iv been told.. built tranny and 2000 stall ..I know im going to need a bigger stall but just wanted to see if its going to be to expensive to keep this cam..
Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

I had that cam in my LS1 with stock intake/injectors, pacesetter 13/4 lt's, ory, lm1, and I got an 11.89 out of it with a 3600 fuddle stall. There aren't too many demands from that cam that any other cam would'nt demand: good tune bigger injectors, nice stall, and plenty air. Good luck with your build bro hope that helps you out...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Teching In

Thanks bro..Iv been doing alot of serches on this cam and see more bad stuff then good..How was your mpg when u had this cam..This car is going to be my dd...Also do u still got the cam.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

I can't really remember what the MPG was but it wasn't too bad on gas I daily drove it aswell. The only thing that sucked about it is that I didn't have a good tune on it and it surged like crazy so just make sure you get a good tune. I traded the cam when my motor took a dump for a Nitrous kit that's goin on my new build!
Old 04-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Staging Lane

I have friends with that cam and pacestter 1 3/4 header's ls6 intake and I believe they put down about 400 rwhp.I know I'm not 100 percent accurate on the numbers ,but regardless definitely a stout setup and hp numbers are not everything in regards of how your car perform's although the big numbers alway's sound nice ,with a good size stall (3600 at least seems to be the norm from what I hear)you should definitely enjoy the setup but I would suggest getting a fast intake to flow better with the bigger 1 7/8 headers and have better throttle response.3.73's in the rear would also make the stall more worthwhile but yeah definitely go bigger on the stall.Really no point in having those mods without the bigger aftermarket cam so that is a must.Good luck and I hope this help's.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Cool thanks I want to sure on the cam but just might keep it ..Now I just need to get a stall and some push rods..As for tune we got a local guy hes good..As for those.numbers wow.. I would have been happy with mid 12s...