Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Injector pulse

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Injector pulse

Do anyone know where an LS1 gets its injector pulse from? I have a 98 t/a and I have no injector pulse. It is not the VATS system. It has been tuned out the computer and I also bought a VATS bypass still no injector pulse. Any ideas? I have been told its the cam sensor. Any diagnostic tools that will help. I hate to pull the intake off my car and replace the cam sensor and that not be the problem.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would assume the PCM reads the cam sensor and fires the injectors accordingly but im not 100% on that you mite pop into the Fuel Injection forum and ask. Now you got me wondering so Im gonna see what I can come with
Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure the PCM is going to use the crank and cam sensor for injector pulse but you definitely get the pulse from the PCM. Actually, I believe you have a "hot" to the injectors at all time (or should) and the PCM sends a ground to make them pulse. Maybe start with seeing if you have voltage to the injectors with the key on. I also thought there was a fuse for the injectors but not positive on that.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Thanks. Posted something on the fuel injection forum with no answers. Any luck Shorty? LT1 I will try that as well.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lt1pwr1
Pretty sure the PCM is going to use the crank and cam sensor for injector pulse but you definitely get the pulse from the PCM. Actually, I believe you have a "hot" to the injectors at all time (or should) and the PCM sends a ground to make them pulse. Maybe start with seeing if you have voltage to the injectors with the key on. I also thought there was a fuse for the injectors but not positive on that.
All correct

Quick Reply: LS1 Injector pulse