Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension

Hey members, I dd a 1999 T/A A4, stock except for a kooks true dual system. As far as suspension all I've done is the panhard relocation kit. When I get on it the first to second shift causes the car to violently torque to the right. I am currently running the stock size 16" rims with BFG KDW's. It has the 3.23 gear ratio. The car actually seems top heavy and it takes some wheel play to keep it straight on the road. What can I do to the suspension to keep it on the straight and narrow. Thanks for you input!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would look into some sub frame connectors and an aftermarket torque arm. The stock torque arm is stamped metal and really doesn't do a great job under stress. I would also recommend looking into some lower control arms and the relocation brackets. These parts really help the contact patch of your tire to the ground.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JohnJanz@Texas-Speed
I would look into some sub frame connectors and an aftermarket torque arm. The stock torque arm is stamped metal and really doesn't do a great job under stress. I would also recommend looking into some lower control arms and the relocation brackets. These parts really help the contact patch of your tire to the ground.
Agreed and while your at it look into a relocation kit for the tourqe arm too. To get it off the tail shaft of the tranny.

If the car is feeling top heavy and kinda loose its probably time to get some new shocks on it. I put Strange adjustables on my 98 and love them
Old 06-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your input members, I appreciate the info. Does anyone offer a suspension kit with these items? Will I have to buy them individually? What is the best sponsor to order from? Thanks again.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

WS6store is a great sponsor to deal with Ive had nothing but good luck with them. They carry alot of suspension parts
Old 06-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I will check on this.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

strano also sells package suspension parts on his website check there too