Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When's the last time you changed your plugs and wires
Old 06-21-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would install the old TB and see if you still have issues, if not you know the sensors are good and that the problem is in the TB. I know you said it was done by someone reputable, but occasionally EVERYONE makes mistakes.

did you have the edges of the TB sharpened? and try taking the TB off and shinning a flashlight when its closed and see if light gets through. If you see a lot of light that is more then likely the problem and the TB is not sealing all the way and the engine is sucking air in causing the weird idea. The reason for the little hole in the TB blade is to allow enough air for the engine to idle, if more gets through it will be the same as it you pushed the gas some.

As far as the TB sticking, ALL of the P&P TB's I have ever put on my cars have felt like it sticks some, but from what I read its fairly common, I have always got used to it, just noticeable right after you change it.

Here's another thread from a guy who had similar issues that your having:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...b-problem.html
Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well it seems like the tb was over ported but I'm not sure...if anyone has a pic of a correctly ported one with the flashlight technique.
Thanks
Old 06-24-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I just tested the iac by taking it out and turning the car key to the on position without turning the car on. Well at first it didn't do anything and then the spring and piston shot out.I might have found the problem

Last edited by wicked383lt1; 06-24-2011 at 10:07 PM.