Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exaust setup! Whatcha think?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garygnu
if you are going to dyno it consider adding a ls6 intake and ported TB.you could get by with a mail order tune from frost.
Im planning on putting a mild cam in her then. Do you still suggest the ls6 and ported TB or go with FAST??
Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldnt run dual cut outs..one after the Y merge should be enough. id hold on to the tune as well, till you get more mods like intake or even a cam consider gears too.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
i wouldnt run dual cut outs..one after the Y merge should be enough. id hold on to the tune as well, till you get more mods like intake or even a cam consider gears too.
im just waiting for the headers to come in they were on back order but they should be in by the end of the month. What intake would you guys suggest? Ls6 or something like the Fast 90 / 90? Dont really know much about that but if anyone could help me out before the headers come in so i can get that ordered id appreciate it. Any and all suggestions????
Old 08-26-2011, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RebelMan666
im just waiting for the headers to come in they were on back order but they should be in by the end of the month. What intake would you guys suggest? Ls6 or something like the Fast 90 / 90? Dont really know much about that but if anyone could help me out before the headers come in so i can get that ordered id appreciate it. Any and all suggestions????
fast is a great setup, however your going to pay way to much for them.

for that price you can pickup a ls6 intake, powdercoat & port both the intake and TB for the price of a fast setup and still have money to blow
Old 08-26-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

^ agreed. if your not going with head n big cam swap ls6 is what you need.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by omarrakeen
^ agreed. if your not going with head n big cam swap ls6 is what you need.
so say with a 228 cam swap and heads the ls6 is the way to go?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Staging Lane

I would go with it if there was free future tunes. Might want to ask just incase you want to add extras later.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RebelMan666
so say with a 228 cam swap and heads the ls6 is the way to go?
ls6 is great for that, before u pick a cam make sure u talk to the guys at texas speed or comp cams, they know there cams with almost any configuration.

tell them your potential cam setup with supporting mods and they'll give u a cam that compliments your setup. I personally love the 224/224, with stock heads a 228 is prolly the highest u can go.. but personally I wouldn't want to go that high without a better set of heads..

What heads are you looking into? I'd get a nice set of 243 heads (ls6 heads is the way to go imo), I personally wouldnt get patriot but for the money I like the 243 heads, you can prolly pick some up for around $500-800 on the classifieds, don't be afraid t buy used and have them rebuilt with better parts, since you'll have to do it anyways aslong as the heads aren't cracked.

There are better heads out there, but for the price its a good upgrade
Old 08-27-2011, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

headers, y pipe, with the magna flow cat back exhaust system sounds so sick, also a cam will really getting the exhaust rumbling. look up some videos there all over youtube. defiantly look into spending good money with the headers and y pipe, some people disagree with spending good money for the induction and exhaust for these cars but it defiantly helps you better and will last you longer with no problems but thats my own thought. but it all comes down to how much money you really have to spend. i wish you luck though man hope everything turns out the way you want it!
Old 08-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by Trans24am
headers, y pipe, with the magna flow cat back exhaust system sounds so sick, also a cam will really getting the exhaust rumbling. look up some videos there all over youtube. defiantly look into spending good money with the headers and y pipe, some people disagree with spending good money for the induction and exhaust for these cars but it defiantly helps you better and will last you longer with no problems but thats my own thought. but it all comes down to how much money you really have to spend. i wish you luck though man hope everything turns out the way you want it!
Thanks alot! Yea i got texas speed LT headers and ORY on the way.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Banned

seems like alot