Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to pick up 00 Z28 in few hours...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1jorge
Got any pics of the camaro before & after the springs swap?? Saw a post where you picked up a good $500 deal lol jk man
I don't... We are waiting on getting shocks. Stuff is at a stand still right now because of work/etc.
Yes, good deal!

Originally Posted by LSWONDER3
nice whip i got a 2001 pewter ss its a nice color. be easy with this one... hope she dont smack it up.
Pewter is the color to have!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

more pics!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mjs1012
more pics!!!
LOL

Raining right now.. I'll get some out of the garage in the next day or two.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

I am 100% done modding this car.

Sorry won't get to give anyone anymore pictures or updates.

Thanks for the words again guys.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 01-31-2012, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa
Sorry man... I got the **** end however.

I have a set of Strano springs for sell however!
Old 02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She left you I'm guessing, no offense.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blackout22
She left you I'm guessing, no offense.
Its been a 7+ year relationship.. Neither one of us "left" each other, it is just over.

But you were close enough.

I might still install the BBKs for her, I'm not sure if she is going to get them or not though because she will be low on cash flow.
I will be selling the springs if anyone is interested. They are about to be put through a test and then will be up for grabs after that. Fronts are brand new, rears have around 1200 miles on them. After the test, you will be 100% the springs are in the shape they should be in. They are being tested VS moog/stock/BMR springs.. So you can see how your set of springs stacks up against the rest. Independent test also FWIW... Should be interesting to say the least.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Its been a 7+ year relationship.. Neither one of us "left" each other, it is just over.

But you were close enough.

I might still install the BBKs for her, I'm not sure if she is going to get them or not though because she will be low on cash flow.
I will be selling the springs if anyone is interested. They are about to be put through a test and then will be up for grabs after that. Fronts are brand new, rears have around 1200 miles on them. After the test, you will be 100% the springs are in the shape they should be in. They are being tested VS moog/stock/BMR springs.. So you can see how your set of springs stacks up against the rest. Independent test also FWIW... Should be interesting to say the least.

My ex and I broke up after a little over 6 years. I know what you mean when you say it was just over. The relationship ran it's course and that's it.

Her and I are still friends, we still talk and I let her borrow money once in a while when she's short on cash.

How much will you be asking for the springs and how much do they drop the car?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

My ex and I broke up after a little over 6 years. I know what you mean when you say it was just over. The relationship ran it's course and that's it.

Her and I are still friends, we still talk and I let her borrow money once in a while when she's short on cash.

How much will you be asking for the springs?
Yes, we will still be friends.. And I have already let her know I'm here if she needs anything. You can love/care for someone and not be able to live with them.

170$ shipped after the springs tests are preformed.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...r-moog-gm.html
Old 02-01-2012, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,695 Likes on 1,214 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Seven years is a long time and must've required serious thought before bringing it to an end, but it's better to make a difficult change than to head down a road that can only lead to continued unhappiness.

Oh, and just let me know if you'd like this thread to be locked....
Old 02-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Douchebag On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, we will still be friends.. And I have already let her know I'm here if she needs anything. You can love/care for someone and not be able to live with them.

170$ shipped after the springs tests are preformed.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...r-moog-gm.html
Sucks man, the car was coming along nicely. Ex wife and I were together for 8 years and in the end we were really good roommates, but not much more. Like sepsis said, sometimes relationships just run their course and it's done. The great thing about remaining good friends afterwards is you get to say awkward things around the new boyfriend and watch him squirm.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Sorry to hear that. Seven years is a long time and must've required serious thought before bringing it to an end, but it's better to make a difficult change than to head down a road that can only lead to continued unhappiness.

Oh, and just let me know if you'd like this thread to be locked....
Thanks man.

It most certainly was hard, and is only going to get harder the next few months I would imagine. That was my outlook, we were "wasting" time with it if it was only going to get worse as well as making us feel differently about each other.
IMO unless something drastic happens I don't think you can know someone/be with them for 7+ years and then just be done completely. She will always be a huge part of my life and anyone that has a problem with it won't be with me. I plan on her still being a part of my life and the other way around.

Thanks for the offer... Doesn't bother me a bit right now, if it does I'll delete it.

Originally Posted by justin455
Sucks man, the car was coming along nicely. Ex wife and I were together for 8 years and in the end we were really good roommates, but not much more. Like sepsis said, sometimes relationships just run their course and it's done. The great thing about remaining good friends afterwards is you get to say awkward things around the new boyfriend and watch him squirm.
Yea.. She may still do some things here and there. But for now it is on the back burner.

I doubt there will be a new relationship for a long time for either one of us.

Thanks everyone for the words... I know I don't know any of you personally but it does mean something.. Rough ****.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

thats tough bro iv been with my girl almost 4 years i couldnt imagine how u must feel after 7+. at least you go your car to take your mind off the situation for a little while.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea man, rough and sucks... Car will keep me sane.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LSWONDER3
nice whip i got a 2001 pewter ss its a nice color. be easy with this one... hope she dont smack it up.
HA! In her words a few days ago, "No car is truly mine until it gets banged up". It got it a minor fender bender pulling out of a parking space. It was fixed 100% and looks way better than before, rear bumper cosmetic damage only.

Update on us for anyone that might of been interested... We actually split ways for various reasons and didn't start talking/get back together until a few days ago after several months of not speaking, we still kept tabs however.
I dated a few people, nothing over 1.5-2 months... She date a couple people for 1 month and a few months... Neither one of us feeling "right" with anyone else. She moved about an 45 minutes away (a town we were planning on moving to while together, I attended University here).
We have decided to work through things and give it another shot, which we are both thrilled about.
I don't the past issues will be an issue anymore. A lot of people are very happy to see us back together and right now is a better time than ever.

Enough for the sappy ****...

The BF she had after me is somewhat of a car guy, we actually ended up becoming acquaintances while they were dating through a mutual car friend, he is a Mustang guy... I just don't care for the way he does things. IE. Cut stock springs instead of Stranos. LOL He put a 315 tire on the 8.5" wide rim we put on the car. This one actually somewhat upset me. The bulge is absolutely ridiculous.
Also installed a Flowmaster 40 series, for whatever reason didn't put tips on and just hack sawwed the pipe and it is exiting behind the driver rear tire.
He did whistler mod the head lights... He never finished buffing them however.
The HIDs were never 100% finished up so they are having issues now which I will need to either address or buy new HID kits... I have some spare HID kits lying around I'm sure I can piece together everything she needs.
She did add a black billet grill.

Needless to say there are some things that will be changed... The car doesn't ride horrible and looks good with the springs cut so that will stay, for now. The rear tires are being replaced immediately as that is a disaster waiting to happen. My buddy has a full exhaust (1 3/4 headers/ KOOKs ORY/cutout/magnaflow) he is going to sell us for cheap so we will be picking that up shortly.

Needs some maintenance such as battery, plugs, etc..
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

More recent pics... The rear valence wasn't replaced when the bumper was fixed. She is about to get the front bumper repainted and remove the ground effects up there and add the 6LE splitter.

Old 12-04-2012, 04:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

And just because I can...

Just randoms I grabbed off FB.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Her other hobby, which I'm glad she picked up cause now I don't have to buy an expensive camera! LOL
She is still learning but I think she gets some pretty awesome shots, again just randoms I grabbed.

Old 12-04-2012, 05:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

This will be a slower process now as I'm in the middle of my 370 build and like to tinker on my 02 I just bought... But we will update as we do things.

Quick Reply: Going to pick up 00 Z28 in few hours...