Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads/ORY

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads/ORY

Hi I have a all stock 2000 WS6 except for LM1 which is getting installed in a day or two. I want to throw mac LT heads + the Mac ORY. My friend recommended them to me. I am wondering what I will need to install them, or will everything I need come with them.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Heads/ORY-29934_413678546061_779551061_5287602_244825_n.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 01:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warning: that is a LOUD set-up (any LT & ORY is with the LM) + macs are mid-length not LT and if I'm remembering right from back in the day it didn't sound good at all. The LM sounded awsome on stock manifolds and cats but I didn't like it one bit with LT, I had Kooks with catted Y and it was just too loud then. I highly recommend going with a cat-back with muffler, people used to put bullet mufflers in place of the "resonator" to take the rasp out, that lead to the LM2.

Call or e-mail your vender to verify what extra is needed. It looks like gaskets are needed, I recommend the layered metal OEM GM ones. You'll need O2 sims or a tune to remove the rear O2s. You'll need the EGR piping from a `99 to adapt the headers to a `00 and associated gaskets, again unless you get that tuned out. If you get it tuned out then you'll need to block the EGR hole in the intake OR upgrade to a LS6. Lastly, gaskets for the AIR tubes.

Optional are new header bolts, why not? Sparkplugs and wires, again you're in there and it'll never be easier plus there is the possiblity of breaking a wire or plug during the install. Also be prepared to buy new front O2s. They've been in there a long time now and have had plently of time to rust solidly in place, again there's the possiblity of breaking one. As a time saver, buy them from the local autoparts places and return them if the stock ones are salvagable. A tube of anti-sieze.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks alot man! Also I will check my plugs and what not but I do not think they should be too bad per I am at 23k miles. Better to be safe then sorry. Thanks for your help I will keep all of this in mind when I order them. You have been a huge help .