New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTO vs F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats right. If anyone has ever heard of the Monaro HSV, well, I've hear were getting a version of that. IF it does, that Tiger go snake hunting.
Ed
Old 03-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ragtop 99
I agree. The camaro interior (other than 35th anniverisary) is outdated and the seats suck.

I like having a sleeper. I don't need the police focusing on my car, nor do I want to waste gas racing hopped-up Honda accords from stoplights because some pimple-faced teenager wants to try to prove how cool his car is to his girlfriend. I'm more than happy to hear from my buddies that the tower announcer was surprised to see my unassuming convertible blow right past a loud, flashy car on the way to a mid 11 timeslip.

It's a shame that the GTO is so heavy. There is no reason that Pontiac needed that much weight. Good seats, high quality switches, and a stiffer frame don't add weight. Pontiac decided to cut costs and not do it right.
I believe the GTO is slightly heavier than the it should be ..since is wasn't really designed for this market and its a relatively older design..

Take into account the cars got a big v8 and four wheel independant suspension and a luxurious interior and you've got the reasons..

Is the few extra pounds worth it to get this car to market ASAP and avoid not totally abandoning the V8 RWD 30 grand sports coupe market...? I say yes..

As far as the styling? Well..Its a little subdued but then again..so was the original GTO..so I guess the concept is true to its original early year history..

Is this new GTO a class leader? Thats up for grabs but it sure is a very nicely balanced total package and not screaming out to the police or every pimply faced teenager in a riced out honda is not all bad either..

I believe a lot of people who are slightly more mature than the original target base of the 1967 to 1969 customer base is a smart move for greater sales..

Got kids? The GTO works..

Want to be seen at the office as a (somewhat mature) sophisticated car buyer ? The GTO works well.

The GTO's not screaming excitment ...but subtly saying it..

Thats a change and I think its a smart move.

I look foward to the next evolution as well. I hope to see them use the Kappa car production techniques(hydroformed steel body panels for lower production volume profitability) to offer even more unique and often changing body styling..like they did back in the sixties..

I'd like to see the annual body style changes come back to GM,,,,

It made yearly car releases every year even more fun..

Last edited by JBsC5; 03-28-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 03:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackFormula01
Thats right. If anyone has ever heard of the Monaro HSV, well, I've hear were getting a version of that. IF it does, that Tiger go snake hunting.
Ed
You must read about the new Monaro: link, CLICK ME

How far back does the Holden go in Australia? 1970?

To present?

http://au.msnusers.com/monaro/photos1000s.msnw

Last edited by ActionJack; 03-29-2004 at 03:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

GTO LS2

mmm...

Quick Reply: GTO vs F-Body