Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 GTO mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 GTO mods

Hey all this is my first thread so sorry in advance for any newbie mistakes. Im looking into getting my first muscle car and am interested in mods. Im looking at a 04 GTO m6. I ultimately want it to be 13 second car. Im interested in bolt ons that would achieve this. Also, I have read that putting performance headers on a street car is illegal. Any explanation on this would be awesome, or how to get around this. Moderate budget not to exceed 3k, will be doing the work my self. Thanks!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1st) you want your GTO to run 13sec 1/4 mile? DONE. your car is 13sec stock lol... As long as you know how to drive you are there.(I dnt mean to be a D*ck)

2nd) what state you from? You can get away with LTs in some states I believe... How can u get around it??? A dirty smog job lol...

3rd) if you have 3k. Buy LTs, new exhaust, intake and TB. So later down the road you will have supporting mods for a H/C/I setup

Goodluck buddy

Last edited by 2win_SS; 07-03-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2win_SS
1st) you want your GTO to run 13sec 1/4 mile? DONE. your car is 13sec stock lol... As long as you know how to drive you are there.(I dnt mean to be a D*ck)

2nd) what state you from? You can get away with LTs in some states I believe... How can u get around it??? A dirty smog job lol...

3rd) if you have 3k. But LTs, new exhaust, intake and TB. So later down the road you will have supporting mods for a H/C/I setup

Goodluck buddy
I believe he has a ls6 intake already...I'd do everything he said minus the intake and put a cutout also some gears
Old 07-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Teching In

Im in NC. Thanks for the response guys! Any H pipes of the top of your head you would recommend?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

My cousin lives in NC. You have to pass an emissions test from what he's told me. Do some research to see how they do it. If they do a visual you won't pass, if all they do is plug something into your OBDII then you could get away with it if you have the codes tuned out.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wicked383lt1
I believe he has a ls6 intake already...I'd do everything he said minus the intake and put a cutout also some gears
^^^ I was talkn about FAST setup... So later when he does H/C/I he will be ahead of the game.

If you do still have LS6 intake you can sell it for $350... That mean you would only pay $500 out of pocket for a NEW FAST92!!! Of course you still need a TB to match the 92... But after you sell your stock TB(keep your sensors) you will have a few bucks to put upwards a Nick Williams...

You can use your stock fuel lines and injectors from your current intake to put on the FAST92
Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

For 3K to put into a GTO I would do:

Tires $400
GMM Ripshifter $4 to $500
Svede intake $450
P/P TB $50
Headers $500 (you can go either shorties or LTs for that money, entirely up to you)
Mail order tune $150

So thats around $2000 give or take a couple hundred, I posted new prices you can find some items used or deals online. For your goals the stock dual exhaust shouldn't need an upgrade. But the mods I listed will be the best bang for the buck combo and will easily be a 13 second car.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

3rd) if you have 3k. Buy LTs, new exhaust, intake and TB. So later down the road you will have supporting mods for a H/C/I setup
Forget the TB, it's worthless...and if all he's doing is a 3k update now and that's it it would be pointless to set himself up for H/C/I if he's never going that far.

For 3k, if all you want is power do headers, cam package tuned and a short throw. Any money leftover invest in some basic suspension mods like springs and bushings.

Or supplement cam for some gears.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redtan
Forget the TB, it's worthless...and if all he's doing is a 3k update now and that's it it would be pointless to set himself up for H/C/I if he's never going that far.

For 3k, if all you want is power do headers, cam package tuned and a short throw. Any money leftover invest in some basic suspension mods like springs and bushings.

Or supplement cam for some gears.
^^^ I should have been more clear... When I said buy a intake and TB... I meant buy the 92 setup. In that case a TB wouldn't be worthless... Buy mandatory.

Quick Reply: 04 GTO mods