Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
224r : http://www.texas-speed.com/p-1146-te...-camshaft.aspx

Might want to read this too:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html

LOTS of info in the stickies, just get to reading. There is so much info on this site from just searching you should be able to find anything you need before thinking about weather you need to make a thread.
thanks dude that truly helped me out alot now my plans have been tweeked and got thing my legs are strong cause i think i will have a sintered iron disk

Originally Posted by Boosterado
I don't see how adding 80 hp with a stock GM cam is a waste of time but whatever. If you want a reliable set up, trash the junk 10 bolt and put a rear end under it that can take more than v6 power. 12 bolt, 9inch, even 8.8 would be a better deal than a 10 bolt. At least then you could get the stock power to the ground and not be walking on eggshells to keep it alive. Go with a twin disc if you want a light pedal but they are pricey. My car is stock with 202k on it and I wouldn't trust the stock clutch or rear end as far as I can throw them. It's just my DD but running 13.2 on a daily driven stock million miler aint a bad deal.
ya if i have the money i will get a twin disk and a 9 inch i just read a articul that had alot of info on that stuff

Originally Posted by garygnu
texas speed and thunder racing have great prices on complete cam pkgs.you can get a mail order tune from frost for a great price.
i got a buddy that does tunes that i could get one from but thx for the option
Old 08-26-2012, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't see how adding 80 hp with a stock GM cam is a waste of time but whatever. If you want a reliable set up, trash the junk 10 bolt and put a rear end under it that can take more than v6 power. 12 bolt, 9inch, even 8.8 would be a better deal than a 10 bolt. At least then you could get the stock power to the ground and not be walking on eggshells to keep it alive. Go with a twin disc if you want a light pedal but they are pricey. My car is stock with 202k on it and I wouldn't trust the stock clutch or rear end as far as I can throw them. It's just my DD but running 13.2 on a daily driven stock million miler aint a bad deal.
What the hell are you talking about? You might get 15-20 to the wheel out of a LS6 cam swap. You'll be under 400rwhp with bolts on and a tune I guarantee it.

You wont need a twin disk at all, no where near it. A Texas Drivetrain Performance stage one cluch will hold 500 horsepower and will drive like stock. This guy is giving terrible advice. My Textralia drives like a stock clutch is super smooth and is a single disk. Not to mention all the other clutch manufactures out there that have clutches designed for stock like driveablity for mild power increases. You could even do a LS7 clutch. While heavy, it will do you fine for street duty and mild heads and cam.

You need to also look into a Tick Master Cylinder, this will insure proper clutch operation.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 08-26-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

10-15 hp out of a .550 lift cam??? Damn keep my car away from your tuner

LS7 clutches are heavier and only slightly better than stock. Talk a bout a waste of money. No wonder I'm such a bad advice givver
Old 08-26-2012, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why don't you look up and see what some c5 z06's are putting down. With a more forgiving drivetrain, better stock heads, bolt ons and a tune. A rare few might have cracked 400 and that is proably more because a friendly dyno than anything else.

204/217 @ .50 is not going to net you 80 horsepower to the crank much less the wheel.

LMAO let know where you get the stuff your smoking, it must be good ****.

I'm not arguing any more, look at what people have been running for years.

For a car that sees no track time a LS7 will be plenty fine.

Last edited by My6speedZ; 08-26-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

Got a stock 5.3 Z71 with the ZO cam and a 73mm turbo that smokes all 4 of them if you think you can hang. OP I would just go with everything Darth Maul here tells you to cuz he seems like a right smart feller that has a lot of experience throwing money at stuff. I'm out
Old 08-26-2012, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

A Z06 cam is a pretty good turbo cam, im not going to argue that. Are we talking boost? No.

Your a moron.

I guess when you came into this thread and said it was going to get locked was an indication of how your going to train wreck this thread off topic with your misinformation and poor advice?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a stock 5.3 Z71 with the ZO cam and a 73mm turbo that smokes all 4 of them if you think you can hang. OP I would just go with everything Darth Maul here tells you to cuz he seems like a right smart feller that has a lot of experience throwing money at stuff. I'm out

A Z06 cam is a pretty good turbo cam, im not going to argue that. Are we talking boost? No.

Your a moron.

I guess when you came into this thread and said it was going to get locked was an indication of how your going to train wreck this thread off topic with your misinformation and poor advice?

Personally OP, a good DD cam would be a Texas Speed 224R, 228R, or something similar. If I don't go with a custom grind I'll probably go a little bigger and get the Vengeance Racing VRX4 myself.

Stay away from Thunder Racing. They're not a good company any longer unfortunately.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Did I mention I rolled on that thing for a year before the turbo build? It ran like a bat out of hell with that cam only and a supporting tune. 14.2 in a 4900lb truck with cam and valvespring set I had $100 in and installed myself sounds like a completely useless dumbass decision on my part and the OP clearly wants the most expensive option out there for his build. I'm such a moron but I don't have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ buried in my build either
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Teching In

ok guys just chill out its just a topic so quit talkin **** and live happy lives if the day comes that u to race then do ur talkin on the track meanwhile i think my 4cy sonoma could beat both of u lol

What the hell are you talking about? You might get 15-20 to the wheel out of a LS6 cam swap. You'll be under 400rwhp with bolts on and a tune I guarantee it.

You wont need a twin disk at all, no where near it. A Texas Drivetrain Performance stage one cluch will hold 500 horsepower and will drive like stock. This guy is giving terrible advice. My Textralia drives like a stock clutch is super smooth and is a single disk. Not to mention all the other clutch manufactures out there that have clutches designed for stock like driveablity for mild power increases. You could even do a LS7 clutch. While heavy, it will do you fine for street duty and mild heads and cam.

You need to also look into a Tick Master Cylinder, this will insure proper clutch operation.
ok thx for the cluch info im not lookin for over 500hp tell i make alot of money and have a second vehical
Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Teching In

I wish these cars were more expensive.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by prerunsilvy11
ok thx for the cluch info im not lookin for over 500hp tell i make alot of money and have a second vehical
Thought that was your idea but I'd go ahead and buy the $800 cam kit and do it right now or else
Old 08-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Thought that was your idea but I'd go ahead and buy the $800 cam kit and do it right now or else
it was but i cant dont have a car yet im just getting info for when i do because when i do its goin on the jack stands as soon as i get it home
Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by j8127
i wish these cars were more expensive.
+1..............
Old 08-26-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Best daily driver cam depends on good your tuner is..
Old 08-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Best daily driver cam depends on good your tuner is..
i think im goin with the tr224
Old 08-27-2012, 01:54 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

I might get called a retard and get your thread locked by these **** *** useless mods
Why look to pick a fight? Is your life really that boring? Please take this attitude to a site where people find you amusing. LS1Tech is not that site, and comments like this are just not welcome here.

I of course am a retard and know nothing about what I say so make sure to not listen to me
Agreed.

Quick Reply: ok so wats the best daily driving cam