Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help??

Have a 01' z m6....has slp lid, slp ram air, (factory) ls6 intake, magnaflow muffler.......I'm wantin to run high high 11's andstill have a dd......what shod I do budget minded should I do heads? cam?,gears ?? If so what brand combo?I plan on getting lt.'s and ory.. any info would be great also have nitrous kit but haven't used it thanks so much
Old 09-29-2012, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much nitrous are you running? That alone should get you close to where you want. Otherwise, sticky tires, gears, and suspension. Suspension makes a world of difference on these cars
Old 09-29-2012, 04:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the nitrous and a sticky tire you should be able to reach your goals. Now if your looking for 11s on motor a nice cam swap and set of gears will help get you were you want to be.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

X2 on suspetion 600rwhp dont mean nothing if its smokin the rear tires
Old 09-29-2012, 05:29 PM
FormerVendor

Agreed, but Im thinking his suspension is not the limiting factor at this point. Regardless suspension is part of the entire package but he shouldn't have any problem reaching high 11s on stock suspension with a sticky tire and small shot.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

I'd rather it be motor but haven't sprayed it at all I don't wanna Huet it what to much with stock fp and fi has stock suspension looking at some dr's
Old 09-29-2012, 06:06 PM
FormerVendor

A cam swap, gears, drag radials and your other supporting mods should help you get to were you want to be. Definitely would be a good idea to upgrade the fuel pump when your ready to hit it with the spray!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Teching In

What camshaft would be best for what I'm trying to do?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:21 PM
FormerVendor

Really depends on how aggressive your willing to go, but I would recommend considering our 233/239 camshaft. While it a decent size cam I've found with proper tuning it is still very street friendly and yields great results at the track! Feel free to give me a call with any questions or concerns. Im happy to help!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

your location isnt in your info , where will you be racing it ? if your in a warm climate or high altitude you will need more done to it to achieve your goals than someone in a cold climate at sea level , many stock internal cars crack 11's in the northeast but in the deep south you probably better be cammed , in denver heads ,cam and maybe more...

sticky tires are a must no matter what path you choose , maybe start with those and make some track passes to find out how it goes now , add the lt's and ory and go again then you can come back in this thread and say I am currently running 12.3's what else do I need to get to 11's because your driving prowess will also come into play , if your a good stick driver and understand how to get the most out of your car you will need less than if your lacking in those skills.

if you can get it mid 12's with just buying tires for instance then a very conservative shot would get you to your goals and nitrous when not being used doesnt affect the daily driving manners of your car and is a cheap way to make your goals...
Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Well I def. Want a daily driver camshaft wise so not to big but yeah I fig. I'd get some 315's dr's and I'm from Tulsa, oklahoma
Old 10-03-2012, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

your track in tulsa has an elevation of 619 feet not bad but will take a bit more than a track closer to sea level - shouldnt play into your results greatly though some people deal with much worse.

start with a baseline and see how you do...
Old 10-03-2012, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by murphinator
your location isnt in your info , where will you be racing it ? if your in a warm climate or high altitude you will need more done to it to achieve your goals than someone in a cold climate at sea level , many stock internal cars crack 11's in the northeast but in the deep south you probably better be cammed , in denver heads ,cam and maybe more...

sticky tires are a must no matter what path you choose , maybe start with those and make some track passes to find out how it goes now , add the lt's and ory and go again then you can come back in this thread and say I am currently running 12.3's what else do I need to get to 11's because your driving prowess will also come into play , if your a good stick driver and understand how to get the most out of your car you will need less than if your lacking in those skills.

if you can get it mid 12's with just buying tires for instance then a very conservative shot would get you to your goals and nitrous when not being used doesnt affect the daily driving manners of your car and is a cheap way to make your goals...
Most of that is good info, but there aren't many SI M6 cars in the 11's. Not saying it's impossible, but even in good weather it's not that easy. Also, mid 12's with just tires is pushing it, even with the best of drivers. Not trying to argue, just trying to give the guy a realistic view of whats going to happen. To the OP, I would go with a modderate cam, tires, and a 9". If you run your car hard often (track or street) Eventually you WILL break the 10 bolt. It's better to have a new rear already, or at least on standby, for when the stocker lets go. Especially on a DD.

Quick Reply: Need help??