New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Trans Am to the community! My first F-Body!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
Holy ****! Nice engine bay cleanup!! Unmolested Chicken is a nice find! Reminds me of my first Firebird. Got it in 95 and it was a 1985. It was 10 years old and I got it for $200 with a blown motor. Ahhhh good times..
Thank you! :Cheers:

I'm still shocked with how well the engine bay cleaned up!
Old 12-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ajwoodtransport
I've never priced undercoating a car before but I agree, when you take into acount the paint, labor, breathing filters/mask, washing your clothes, etc, etc, $149 sounds pretty good to me too. Cool deal...post some pictures when you get it done. After seeing your pictures, you've really inspired me to take some time this spring and give my car a good detailing like you've done.
Agreed. Once the take everything else into consideration $149 sounds good! Especially, since I don't have all the equipment.

Glad I've inspired you to detail your car! You'll be amazed with the outcome
Old 12-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ls2SilverBullet
With the $149 undercoating i would just be afraid of overspray that you could never get off on the LCA's, driveshaft, rear end, exhaust, PHB, etc. Just make sure they do a good masking job
I was worried about that as well, but the manager told me they tape/mask off everything that is not going to get sprayed.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Y2K Sally
Congrats on the car man! I'm pretty sure this is the same car I looked at before I bought mine. (I also bought mine in Kansas City, MO). You did a really good job cleaning her up. I believe it was on craigslist for around $6500 if I remeber right.
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Sweet man, make sure to post some pics after your next "clean up" mods. So far so good, you're on the right track
Old 01-03-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 160 Likes on 145 Posts

Any updates? How do you like the Loudmouth?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nathan C
Any updates? How do you like the Loudmouth?
No updates yet. I haven't had the time to put on the exhaust yet. Hopefully next week! I'll post a video of the sound when I do.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Last night I finally installed my SLP Loudmouth I exhaust. I took my car to my buddy's house who had all the tools I would need. Mind you, it was 7 degrees outside! With a 1000watt halogen lamp, space heater, and some beer we were good to go!

The install took longer than expected, but this is my first "project" I have done to my car. We started a little after 8:00 P.M and did not finish until after 1:30 AM. After I disconnected the pipe from the factory y-pipe, we could not remove the exhaust from over the axle (partially due to not have a car lift and it would hit the floor). So, I had to cut the exhaust near the axle (which took longer than expected). First time using a cutoff wheel, I pushed too hard and the pipe ate the disc for dinner! haha. We had to run to the parts store and pick up a few more discs. Once the exhaust was cut, we could remove it over the axle.

I thought installing the exhaust would be harder than it was, but I was pretty impressed. The main thing that took up some time was lining up the pipes to the middle of the cut-outs in the bumper, and make sure it is not hanging low. Once you have it lined up, start tightening all the clamps.

Here comes to dumb part *palm to face*. I didn't realize until after we tightening the dual tip clamps that they are on the wrong side! Since the bump slightly curves inward, the shorter tips need to be on the inward curve. Somehow I did not catch that. Oh well! I am going to take the car to a muffler shop to have the tips tact welded on instead of using the clamps. I did notice on the way home, there is a small rattle when I start to slow down or am stopped. We made sure everything was tightened. If you grab the exhaust, it really doesn't move at all. I am think the noise is coming from the pipe going over the axle. This afternoon, I fired up the car and you could hear the rattle. I crawled under the car and grabbed the pipe that connects to the tips and the noise stopped. When I let go, I could hear it again; which it sounds like it is coming front he axle area. I'll have the muffler shop look at it when I get the tips tact welded on.

She (Jade) sound really good. To me, it does not seem obnoxiously loud, hell, I want it louder! Check out the video below of the install and a few startups (before and after exhaust was installed). I will say, the iPhone 5 does not do justice to the sound. It sounds much better in person. I'll retake another video on my HD video camera and repost it.

Last edited by LS1curlyp; 02-02-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Quick Reply: New Trans Am to the community! My first F-Body!