New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Money VS Mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004 | 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you want to KILL them get nitrous. You can prolly beat those cars in stock trim with a decent '60 time (2.0 or less) Do the free mods get a lid and cut-out or a cat-back and some nittos and you should see high 12's
Old 04-19-2004 | 09:24 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, yeah, I have beaten both cars near stock at the local dragstrip.

The cars I ran against:
EVO 13.5s
STI 13.2s.
Both 60' around 1.8 .

When driven by your average ricer they aren't as quick as many believe they are.Then again an LS1 F-Body isn't as fast as it could be when driven by your average ricer....

good luck
Old 04-20-2004 | 08:26 AM
Launching!

this thread = the suck. dont even waste ANY money on ANY mods because you will be needing the best of everything. but if i had to bet i would say that he is a ricer that is over here for some sort of emotional support by fitting in with the "enemy"

mike
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:02 AM
Teching In

ive always hated ricers so dont even start with me!
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:06 AM
Teching In

the only reason i even hang out there is because they are car enthusiasts and thats it i have loved this car 4EVER icant even tell you how bad i hate imports, i pretty much started Import hate around here in the few that do.
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:21 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ws6Transam2002M6
... its kind of like proof reading a paper you just wrote... normal mistakes you would catch on someone elses paper you cant see on yours unless you read it 6-7 times.
Read your sig 6-7 times

On a serious note, the bottle is your best bang for buck. If you are serious about that C5R block, spray the heck out of your stock motor. Get a TNT 75 shot...should put like 100 to the wheels or something.
Old 04-20-2004 | 11:55 AM
Staging Lane

i would start with losing some of that weight rear seat, spare, etc... then i would go for some NO2, since you are gonna use it later anyways. i would just go for bolt ons right now because they would be interchangable with your future motor. If it were me i would hold off on the cam and heads until you get that engine. good luck
Old 04-22-2004 | 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Get the basic stuff, lid, longtubes, exhaust, then add some drag radials, and a 100 shot and pray that the rear end doesn't give out.

Oh if your tired of everybody talkign about your sig why don't you change it to something that is physically possible instead of magazine, gran turismo racing your car.
Old 04-22-2004 | 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cjacks7
Get the basic stuff, lid, longtubes, exhaust, then add some drag radials, and a 100 shot and pray that the rear end doesn't give out.

Oh if your tired of everybody talkign about your sig why don't you change it to something that is physically possible instead of magazine, gran turismo racing your car.

reality: "step into my office"
him:"why"?
reality:"CAUSE UR ******* FIRED"!!
lol. im just giving u a little ****, cause ur coming dangerously close to ricer talk ie:"forged this, forged that". seriously, a street F-bod has its limitations and a man's got to know them, period.
Old 04-22-2004 | 01:43 AM
11 Second Club

You should be able to beat them with a few hundred dollars if you can drive. I run a 13.01 @ 108.8 W/A 1.93 60, with an A4 and stock converter. I weigh 350LBS With a full tank and full trim. It has a 12.7 or 12.8 with less gas and my son driving it he weighs 160. So a few mods and good driving will get results. Mods below(look around find them cheap). Honestly less than 400.00 so far, Ebay and friends will get you far.
Old 04-22-2004 | 03:05 AM
Staging Lane

I raced and EVO once on the street, it all depends on the driver. I have a lid and a catback on my m6. I'm guessing the EVO was stock since it had paper tags on it. Evo driver didnt know how to launch cause I couldnt hear him reving at the line, I was only about 1500 rpm's on the launch and I beat him BADLY. If they cant launch those AWD's properly you can take them now, no problem. If they do know how to drive them you can still win if you know how to drive your car.
Old 04-22-2004 | 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

"Ws6Transam2002M6" buddy..if u know how to drive ur TA..u wont have any problems beating a STI or EVO. from a dig..u might lose about car or two but u will catch up... from a roll..u will def win... just get a lid and filter...and cutout...that adds 10rwhp easilly..

PS..about ur MAJOR car plans.. GOOD LUCK....
Old 04-22-2004 | 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Dude, having plans for your car are awesome...but, let's try to keep them realistic man.

Here are mine..should be started pretty soon...
Full BMR Suspension (Powdercoated black), BMR Tubular K-member/a-arms/HAL coil-overs, Moser 12-Bolt with 4.10's Adj. Panhard Rod, BMR LCA's, 17x9.5f& 17x11r Fikse FM10's, Baer Brakes w/eradispeed rotors front & rear, Leather wrapped Corbeau's up front, 6-pt. cage w/removable side bars, Alpine/JLAudio/PPI stereo, D&D T-56, Pro 5.0 w/LSS, Spec stg3, Fresh Shortblock, Forged internals, LGMotorsports G5X2 Cam, AS Stage2 LS6 Style Heads, LSX Intake, Kooks Longtubes, o/r Y-pipe, Corsa Cat-back, 5% Tint all around, OEM Ws6 hood...and a TNT F1 Kit

What I want? A daily driveable car that is as at home on an auto-x course, as it is on the city streets. I'm not a big 1/4 mile racer..prefer rolls, etc...but, I would like to be able to get the car into the high 10's on the bottle. Do-able I think, aside from the fact the car will not be too traction friendly, but you get the idea.

BTW-In those plans, is a complete repaint of the car in NBM, with a tan leather, to black leather interior swap.

Last edited by Slow98TA; 04-22-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2004 | 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, but I think you're an idiot.
Old 04-22-2004 | 05:41 PM
On The Tree

REALDEAL-You think who is an idiot?
Old 04-22-2004 | 05:53 PM
On The Tree

The only one here who's not on planet Earth. This kid's a ricer. To answer his question, slap on a wing and some stickers, and you'll have your Enzo-killer.
Old 04-22-2004 | 06:08 PM
Launching!

I just have headers and gears on my 02 Z and I run 12.70s. do that with a shot of nitrous and you will have no problem with the rice
Old 04-22-2004 | 09:35 PM
Teching In

thanks for all the positive replies lately with the exception of realdeal suck a ****** dick you ***...

newest info is i guess tomorrow we are all going up to canada naperville (sp?) to run our cars so im kinda fucked but i will give it a try i removed the spare jack and rear seats, i will remove my air filter lay a nasty burnout and hopefully get my hands on some ice to ice down the intake manifold!!! every bit counts i will try a 2500 Rpm launch and shift gears at 5600... Any tips on these cars? I only had mine for 3 months so im still trying to figure out its perfect shift points.
All the comments i guess give me a little more confidence but im still a little worried, i mean normally i wouldnt care if i lose i lose **** it but these kids around here are gay and its like if i lose all hell will break loose, im trying to defend the name of domestics...

oh yea and real deal... id rather see a ricer drive an f-body than some damn redneck 40 year old mullet wearing freak. people like that give domestics a bad name and im trying to get v8's some respect around here both from the jap crowd and the euro
so atleast show some appretiation

BTW raced a stage III turbo audi A4 23PSI (310HP est by owner) with a friend with me who weighs like 250... I murdered his bitch ***, , i even waited for him to launch first before i started beating my car and he had AWD, launches beats i start beating catch up and pull hard... very satisfied with that run...
The week before i raced 2 GSR's both i smoked and they each said " WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE DONE TO THAT??? we have over 2XX HP" i told them its stock and they thought it came stock with a supercharger i was like naw bro all motor and stock... the other owner that i beat his gsr said about the same thing and thought it was all moded and supercharged....
Someone has got to put fear into these kids.
Old 04-23-2004 | 04:03 AM
On The Tree

"ice down the intake"? uh, ur intake manifold isn't iron or steel, it's aluminum. it isn't going to heat soak like u think so the only thing u'll be doing is messing up ur engine bay. i think u need to do a LOT more researching, cause u don't sound very knowledgable. there are only a handfull of cars u need to worry about and none of them are on ur list to beat. i think i speak for a large majority when i say that u should spend less time posting, more time reading. i don't mean to sound like a dick, it's just that many of ur questions and problems have been asked and answered more times than u know. seriously, if u spent the next MONTH locked in ur room with the computer searching LS1.com, this site and LS2.com, u MIGHT have a pretty good idea of ur vehicle's capabilities. good luck, enjoy.
Old 04-23-2004 | 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ws6Transam2002M6
suck a ****** dick you ***...

i mean normally i wouldnt care if i lose i lose **** it but these kids around here are gay and its like if i lose all hell will break loose, im trying to defend the name of domestics...

id rather see a ricer drive an f-body than some damn redneck 40 year old mullet wearing freak. people like that give domestics a bad name and im trying to get v8's some respect around here both from the jap crowd and the euro
so atleast show some appretiation

I murdered his bitch ***

The week before i raced 2 GSR's both i smoked and they each said " WHAT THE HELL DO YOU HAVE DONE TO THAT???

i was like naw bro all motor and stock...

Someone has got to put fear into these kids.

Quick Reply: Money VS Mods