Sponsored by:

Product Heads up

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Product Heads up

Guys
I just got in my 2.5 in/out X Pipe from greyhound performance and I am very disappointed. Yes the pipes going in and out are 2.5 inch but they taper down to about 2.125 where they mate to the pressed formed body then welded, even if I grind off the lips on each of them I will still only get them to probably 2.4 because of the way it mates not sure because I am new to the x pipe set up but I am sure it is not a good thing with these kind of transistions. now my car goes in to have the exhaust done in 3 days and I don't have a X pipe I am happy with. I feel this will hurt performance this cant be normal for a X pipe. Very disappointed may have to go straight pipes now.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,074 Posts

If you are not happy with the prefabbed X-pipe, don't have time to shop for another, and still want a crossover of some sort, consider doing an H-pipe. No special fabrication would be required, just a simple piece of short, straight pipe and a torch to cut the holes. Your exhaust shop should have no problem handling that and, in my opinion, the H-pipe will sound better anyway.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the recommendation I will keep that in mind, I am going to hog out the flanges on the inside and see what it looks like and make a decision from there

Quick Reply: Product Heads up