New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are my 1/4 times.. am I headed in the right direction?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle97
Ive got an M6. I noticed my sixties are currently dramaticallly affected by the weight in my car. Case in point: I drove a freind of mine down the track two times, she weighs about 115lbs. 60fts were all 2.3x.
Same night, same lane, her out of the car, i cut all 2.4x sixty foots.

My best 60s ever were with a full tank of gas and my 3x10'' speaker enclosure in the hatch. My worst sixities ever were with a 1/4 tank of gas and no spkr enclousre.

My conclusion always was that i was severly traction limited and thats what was killing my sixties. Im debating throwing some 50lb barbell weights in the back to see what that does to the sixites (although it will kill me for the rest of the race). Hence me looking into nittos
yeah ive done that too, used to race with my dual 12" sub box in the back, when i would take that out my 60ft would suffer cuz i wasnt used to it(2.2 60ft instead of 2.1), you have to launch a lot differently without weight back there, feather the clutch and dont hammer it until you have traction. sucks in my current setup i need a new clutch before i can do that:/
Old 05-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you're doing what I did when I first started at the track. I was way too focused on cutting a good light, and not paying attention to getting a good launch (of course, when the stray mustang lines up next to you, what are you supposed to do? ). If you're trying to hit a certain number, ignore the car next to you; reaction times mean absolutely nothing when it comes to your e.t. If you're racing, that's another story.