Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Selection for Future Turbo/Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Selection for Future Turbo/Supercharger

So I'm starting to get a parts list together for my new TA. First thing is a Yank 3800 PAS stall. After that I'd like to do a cam but I'm not sure what my end result will be which makes cam selection harder. I haven't decided if I want to go with a single turbo setup down the road either fabricated by straightline performance or an STS kit or if I want to go NA. The car is mainly used for pleasure driving and may see the strip occasionally once it's well represented. I'd like to still be able to take highway trips (about 150 miles with it) and get close to stock reliability. Based on this, do you guys have any recommendations? Either path would probably be about the same price with the parts I'd end up getting. I just really want to swap the cam out ASAP to get some lope. I know if I wanted to go NA, I'd have to do the heads, cam, fly cutting, FAST intake, 1 7/8 headers, etc. all at once to get the best bang for my buck.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone will have their own preferences on here, but I'm running the setup in my sig and it is very street-able. I drive about 50 miles a day, mostly on the highway. My best advice is to do as much research as possible, and call up some of the vendors/sponsors on here and discuss your needs/goals. You may end up going with a custom grind.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Contact Martin @ Tick performance, hes one of the best around as far as cam knowledge goes, especially FI cams.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I would recommend Huron Speed as well for one of their turbo kits that retains A/C.

Quick Reply: Cam Selection for Future Turbo/Supercharger