Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BCM issue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BCM issue?

Been having an issue lately with my remote key fob not working, dome lights not turning on when I open the door, et cetera. Around the time this started happening, I began hearing this "clicking" sound from behind my glove box. I believe I've narrowed the problem down to my BCM, and was simply wondering the process to fix it?

I've read about soldering the affected parts of the module back into working condition, but that's not something I would be able to do. So, I'm left with purchasing a new BCM. Threads I've read on the topic say that, after the new BCM is plugged in, simply insert my ignition key and start the car, and the new BCM will "learn" that key. Is that about right? Thanks in advance for the help guys!
Old 08-12-2014, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

It could possibly be the TDR (Theft Deterrent Relay). The link below says it's on the other side of the right of the glove box, but on my 2000 WS6 is behind the stereo on the left side of the glove box. It also has a link to another helpful post on another board.

Not sure if this is your problem, but it may be another avenue to explore...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...elay-help.html

Good luck man.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:24 PM
Teching In

It looks like these problems with the TDR were causing the vehicle to not start? I haven't had a problem with that at all, just random stuff like my power locks not working anymore, dome lights not turning on...stuff like that. Appreciate the tip though man!

Quick Reply: BCM issue?