Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kooks headers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kooks headers?

02 Z28. Just picked up a Magnaflow catback and wanted to upgrade the front half of hte exhaust as well. I found a set of Kooks headers at a good price (though still pretty expensive) and had a few questions.

Number one... I know that between a set of TSP headers or pacesetters, there isn't much of a performance difference. The extra cost is mainly just quality of build and the fact that it's stainless steel, correct?

Two, how difficult (by comparison to other headers) are these to install? I know that header installs in these vehicles is an exercise in staying sane, but has anyone experienced exceptionally easy or difficult installs?
Old 11-02-2014, 07:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes kooks are pretty much the top of the heap....performance is generally the same on all long tubes. Header instal on a LS is pretty simple but in comparison Kooks are probably one of the smoothest installs.
Old 11-02-2014, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Short of going to the shop to get custom built headers, Kooks is the best you're going to get. High quality, good power gains and from what I've read installs are stupid easy.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't for get about arh headers as well
Old 11-03-2014, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Love my Kook's, I wouldn't think twice about buying another set when the time comes.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kooks are the BEST. Imho. If I was still n/a and not boost I'd be running kooks still. Greeaat quality, mine never got burnt looking or nothin, (like my stainless bbk did after only a month

Also I sold my kooks with only 4k miles for like 100 less than they were new, they hold there value so if you don't like them or don't work out you can always resell them
Old 11-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my Kook's for 7 yrs and couldn't be happier. Can't speak to the difficulty of installation as I had a shop put mine on. The fit is great. They really tuck up tight without any rattle. They never have come loose. Well engineered. I also have their off road pipe and I haven't seen many Fbodies with headers that the headers and y pipe tuck up as close as mine does. I would highly recommend them.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are about 6 years old now, had them coated 4 years ago. I watched when they were installed. Just remember that they pried the motor up to get the drivers side in.
They are the second set of headers, the first started to leak about 3 years in.

Quick Reply: Kooks headers?