Sponsored by:

Evo,WRX guys - why LS1Tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 07:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
I think you should go try it...
let me get this straight - other car owners are diluting the value of this site with BS, and your solution is that the LS1 guy should go elsewhere???

great post. I can see why you don't mind them.

Old 05-26-2004, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i bought my LT1 and sold my 98 mustang, i still used to hang out in an old mustang forum (before it got hacked... ). i was familiar with most of the users on there nobody really cared that i didnt have a mustang anymore. as long as your not trolling, there's no reason ya cant hang out in someone elses forum. its nice to have an outside point of view sometimes too...
Old 05-26-2004, 07:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mako22
let me get this straight - other car owners are diluting the value of this site with BS, and your solution is that the LS1 guy should go elsewhere???

no buddy, its that your making a big deal outta nothing..
all forums have their trolls.

lol, honestly...what section do they all post in? Street racing and multimedia
if it gets outta hand tell an admin, dont make worthless threads

BTW: i think he means your acting like a ricer
Old 05-26-2004, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie33
all forums have their trolls.

lol, honestly...what section do they all post in? Street racing and multimedia
if it gets outta hand tell an admin, dont make worthless threads
Yep...we deal with them all the time in the kill section. Just par for the course 'round here.

I'm a fan of American muscle. I visit Viper sites as well. I don't see the harm in it. I may own one someday, who knows. Might as well learn as much as possible...
Old 05-26-2004, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jamie33
Uh, if you remember, all I did was ask a simple question! I'm fairly new to forums in general and was wondering why people without LS1's hung out here. The only people that made a "big deal" out of this were the people who responded defensively and antagonistically towards me.

And after all this, I don't think I saw one reply from an Evo or WRX only member! Another failed thread.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Then delete it.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

The only people that made a "big deal" out of this were the people who responded defensively and antagonistically towards me..
lol take it easy, its all just internet bullshit.

And after all this, I don't think I saw one reply from an Evo or WRX only member! Another failed thread.
post this in street racing, should get some good replies there
Old 05-26-2004, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah, lol, I think it's time for my medication.

BTW I love San Diego - used to go there once a month for work. PB Bar & Grill some hot chix working there. Julie?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Kind of like an online ricer fly-by.
MUhhahahahaha! I think I've had a few of those happen where I got involved
Old 05-26-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

Default Damnit!!!

I just wasted another 2 1/2 minutes of my life by reading this to the end
Old 05-26-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Having a few outsiders and/or former owners' opinions and insights dilutes the value of the site? I think the dilution, and delusion for that matter, comes from some ls1 owners who have some sort of inferiority complex and are afraid of admitting that an import could outperform them in some aspects. 99% of this site is in appreciation and worship of ls1's. What's the harm in occasionally weighing the virtues of, and sizing up the competitors in an objective, factual manner?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:37 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by absolut_speed
Having a few outsiders and/or former owners' opinions and insights dilutes the value of the site? I think the dilution, and delusion for that matter, comes from some ls1 owners who have some sort of inferiority complex and are afraid of admitting that an import could outperform them in some aspects. 99% of this site is in appreciation and worship of ls1's. What's the harm in occasionally weighing the virtues of, and sizing up the competitors in an objective, factual manner?
exactly
Old 05-26-2004, 10:19 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by Cokeroker
I just wasted another 2 1/2 minutes of my life by reading this to the end
No ****...
Old 05-26-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cutting through all the B.S., up until a week and a half ago, I drove and was quite proud of my Mustang GT. But to be honest after a short while, I wasn't happy with the power that was emitted from it. Also to be honest, I really wasn't knowledgable of F-Bodies. Someone at Allfordmustangs.com mentioned this site to me. After checking it out once, I was completely hooked. After learning about F-Bodies, I desperately wanted one. Fortunately I just bought one.

So to answer your question, the reason why I as a former Mustang GT driver came and joined this site: For the education and knowledge of F-Bodies.
Old 05-27-2004, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know there is one guy on here that owns both a TA and a WRX. Maybe he will post in here. I got a chance to ride in a WRX STI once and I was pretty impressed. Not by acceleration but the handling and braking. I don't have a problem with them posting on LS1tech beacause sometimes I go to the VW site to check it out. I have a few friends over there. One day I passed a VW and he wanted to play. Next thing I know this guy found me on LS1tech and we been hanging out ever since. So they might have friends with LS1s and come on here to chat with them.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The ultimate answer is that this has to be one of, if not the largest, collection of car guys anywhere on the net - willing to help about anybody with about any problem. There is more technical content and assistance with problems here than wnywhere else. And for the most part - there are a ton of cool helpful people on this board.
Dan
Old 05-27-2004, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

FWIW, I joined and don't own an f-body because I'm purchasing an F-body. Tomorrow hopefully.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

Thank you to the last couple of guys - those were the honest answers I was looking for and to me those make a lot of sense. Glad to hear from the guys I was asking and not a bunch of other guys sticking up for them.

BTW - The people who dilute the value of this site IMO are the people who come here just to get into "my car is better than your car" arguments. Those benefit no one.

And to those who felt like this thread was a waste of time - if you skip all the posts by guys who came on just to argue with me rather than let the other car owners respond, you'll see it would have been a brief, productive thread that answered the question posed.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Regular

BTW - The people who dilute the value of this site IMO are the people who come here just to get into "my car is better than your car" arguments. Those benefit no one.
This is true, trolls abound.

But make sure you are reading and listening to the guys that do know what they are talking about, no matter what vehicle. As cliche as it sounds, knowledge is power. Otherwise you'll have to hide your shame when a stripped CRX pulls on you.

Off topic, but what did you do to your headlights to make them stand out like that? Looks very slick. That a kit or something custom?
Old 05-27-2004, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZR2877
I know there is one guy on here that owns both a TA and a WRX. Maybe he will post in here. I got a chance to ride in a WRX STI once and I was pretty impressed. Not by acceleration but the handling and braking.
Yea, there are a handful of people here that own both (and then some). Problem is that after a lot of the "all imports are rice" bullshit, I wouldn't expect much "insight" from them since it generally falls on deaf ears. There is lots of ignorance out there - even here.

So, why do non-LS1 owners visit this site? I would think its a testament to the site's popularity. However, with those additional visits you're going to expose yourself to the full range of knowledge, ego, and bias that comes with any sampling of the population - some good and some bad. Personally, I'd MUCH rather hear from the non-LS1 owner that has some value to add than the LS1 owner who has nothing to add.