New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Fuel

I have a 98 camaro 3.8. My uncle told me that the car wouldnt crank and it leaked fuel out of the throttle body. I looked on the forum and it was the fuel pressure regulator. Changed that out and car cranked just fine although it still leaked fuel out of the throttle body. Upon taking the car to my job with a buddy of mine, the car caught fire through the throttle body and burned two sensors on the throttle body and the air filter cabin. I'm currently replacing the throttle body next week when i order the part. What do you think made it catch on fire? I really need something to reference to so i can fix it up by next weekend.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I may be showing my lack of knowledge about the 3.8 but leaking fuel shouldn't come out of the TB. Again, I don't know much about the engine but if it's anything like the LS1 then the EVAP canister does route into the TB, but that's the only fuel related thing that could do that.

Unless your fuel injectors are leaking so bad it's literally flooding the engine to the point that the intake manifold is filling with fuel...

Quick Reply: Leaking Fuel