Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GTO

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
I'm surprised you have seen only one Unit213! I've seen quite a few lately over here. I think silver on the GTO doesn't look too bad, but the wheels got to go!
Funny - of all things people that see it in person say, the compliments on the wheels surprise me most of all. Most of the compliments aren't necessarily from car people - but I didn't figure I'd get any, let alone what I do.

Unit213 - you hang out anywhere in particular when you go out cruisin'? Maybe we could meet up and say hey sometime.
Dan
Old 05-29-2004, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

I have seen 2 in my town, they seem to both be owned by older folks though so I doubt I'll get the chance to race one. Hopefully next year GM will work out some of the styling and engine quirks and they'll become more mainstream.
Old 05-30-2004, 03:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by landshark
I have seen 2 in my town, they seem to both be owned by older folks though so I doubt I'll get the chance to race one. Hopefully next year GM will work out some of the styling and engine quirks and they'll become more mainstream.
Styling is subjective - so I won't even try to argue that point with you - but what engine quirks? Other than complaints about overprotective torque management for the A4's, weak clutch for the M6 and other potential drivetrain weaknesses especially as you increase power - I'm haven't heard of these 'quirks'.
Not to mention - at 18k cars max per year for '04, '05 and '06 - they are only going to ever be slightly mainstream at best until at least '07.
Dan