New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys, we're in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol, i'm rice because i have extra money left over to mod the hell out of my car???well i guess all of us here on LS1tech.com are rice because one of the main selling points on buying a used LS1 is that it doesnt take $30K to get our cars into the 11's.....anyhow,whatever you say "blowing snake director"

PS, i am on your side in the arguement as i will concede that you were entirely correct on all of your other statements...i just get a bit touchy with the nasty four letter "R" word

Last edited by goldlifter; 06-18-2004 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Cant we all get along

You're right. Don't get me wrong, I love all American muscle - in fact, I wish I had a Z06 and Viper in my garage next to my Cobra. I have the utmost respect for Vettes (especially Z's) and that's exactly why I bought a Cobra. I just get a little worked up when Cobras get ripped for no reason.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

I am nuetral. I also own a convertible mustang GT and I think it looks awesome. I like my Z28 too because its fast, at least to me. Chevy has been producing faster cars than ford for a while and I think its a good thing that ford finally stepped up. Now chevy just need to produce something putting out about the same as the cobra and everyone will be fine.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

Wow, I read to page 4. I think that if I went that far the point was missed. Really guys. Didnt you notice that the Cobra is not in competition with the Fbody. As a misquote from GM - " We are not worried about what Fords SVT company puts out in respect to the Fbody. The Cobra is a Vette chaser - Let it chase away." Gm recognizes that the Fbody is out to bash most all cars, especially GTs not Cobras. Its a different money and production braket. ( which should be obvious with the stock forged internals and the blower ) If you had not noticed no one cares about $ per $ . And if you wanna talk about weak the cobra ( vette chaser ) has been running pretty damn close to the ls1 powered Fbodys for quite a Time. Im glad to see a faster mustang - And Im glad that GM is producing a higher powered Corvette which has caused ford to need to up the power =) .

We're all car people obviousely, It seems that some of us though are still 12.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goldlifter
lol, i'm rice because i have extra money left over to mod the hell out of my car???well i guess all of us here on LS1tech.com are rice because one of the main selling points on buying a used LS1 is that it doesnt take $30K to get our cars into the 11's.....anyhow,whatever you say "blowing snake director"

PS, i am on your side in the arguement as i will concede that you were entirely correct on all of your other statements...i just get a bit touchy with the nasty four letter "R" word
You aren't rice. The entire "you paid more money" is 100% a ricer move.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by goldlifter
For what you paid for your LS1, you could probably get a fox body into the 10s (stripped, 331, blower). It also takes about 7-8K to buy a motorcycle that will run 11s.

You make a good point though. Really.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vvenom
Yup, faster than a stock Z which has what 405 - maybe little more at the crank ? 350 at the wheels ? Let's correct for weight - add 50 rwhp = 400rwhp. Anyway, the street doesn't lie.

I guess I am lucky - dyno'd 449rwhp yesterday with an EXTREMELY conservative tune - A/F was in the 10.0 range across the board - ran out of time to dial it in. Going back to bring A/F in the 11.5-12.0- tuner is confident can add 12-15rwhp.
Hmm.... I havent seen too many 450 RWHP cobra's run 11's on FACTORY TIRES, but i know that a couple 360 rwhp Z06's have.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:45 AM
Teching In

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I work for FORD and drive a TA. I have alot of friends with mustangs and Lighting trucks that want to race constantly. I take on all at one time or another. It all comes down to your budget and personal preference. If we all drove the same car race day would get BORING. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
Old 06-19-2004, 03:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Cant we all get along
It wouldn't be as fun that way

The new Cobras are nice cars. It's when the Cobra guys talk too much **** that I get pissed off. A lot of them brag about hwo their cars make power, but most of them are too damn heavy and the driver's can't drive their cars correctly to hit good times at the track.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QwikFix
Hmm.... I havent seen too many 450 RWHP cobra's run 11's on FACTORY TIRES, but i know that a couple 360 rwhp Z06's have.
Didn't J-Rod hit 11s on factory tires in his Z06?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by enisguy
Didn't J-Rod hit 11s on factory tires in his Z06?
Indeed he did.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sad part is guys are yanking the stock blower off, spending a little cash on a KB, the New Procharger kit...throwing on a lightning intercooler, and fuel system and thru Factory headers to a Cat-back are in the 550hp range....and as far as the IRS goes plenty of guys are doing what we do....swapping in a 9" or an 8.8" and tearing sh*t up...here is an example of a "Mildly" modded Cobra...

3.0 RR non-slip..18psi
Magnaflow cat back
UPR off road X pipe
AFS 10.5's and BFG 315's
Raptor shift light
I/C Mod
H/S fan mod
Pro 5.0 shifter
Siemens Deka 55lb injectors
Focus pumps
Densecharger CAI
Gords heat exchanger

no headers....and this car is making 640rwhp....
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...5&pagenumber=1
There's the link to see the dyno graph...its SICK....soo much power all over the place...I'm sorry but FORD really put some effort into these motors.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

I do hate to get beat by a ford. I dont have any problems with the cobras in my area considering they are all below 03. But there is a mach 1 thats modded that I just cant beat. At least the guy that drives it is cool and never boast. I think once i get better tires tho i will be ok.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by unit213
Indeed he did.
11.78 if i remember correctly.

God i want a Z06.
Old 06-20-2004, 02:19 AM
Staging Lane

how bad is this going to get in 2007, when we once again have a true pony car battle '07GT vs. '07 Z28 (I can't wait to see what it looks like). Somebody better notify the triage unit, its gonna get ugly.

Cobra = Fast
Z/28/SS = Fast

They Both have their + and - both both deserve respect, hell I wouldn't mind have a cobra park next to my Z and SS

Just my two cents
Old 06-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
Wow, I read to page 4. I think that if I went that far the point was missed. Really guys. Didnt you notice that the Cobra is not in competition with the Fbody. As a misquote from GM - " We are not worried about what Fords SVT company puts out in respect to the Fbody. The Cobra is a Vette chaser - Let it chase away." Gm recognizes that the Fbody is out to bash most all cars, especially GTs not Cobras. Its a different money and production braket. ( which should be obvious with the stock forged internals and the blower ) If you had not noticed no one cares about $ per $ . And if you wanna talk about weak the cobra ( vette chaser ) has been running pretty damn close to the ls1 powered Fbodys for quite a Time. Im glad to see a faster mustang - And Im glad that GM is producing a higher powered Corvette which has caused ford to need to up the power =) .

We're all car people obviousely, It seems that some of us though are still 12.
i couldnt agree more, bro....most of us exaggerate the whole "GM vs. Ford" controversy out of fun more than anything....i really hope someone wouldnt lose any sleep over losing to another make of car, etc.......besides, when companies compete, its really the consumer that wins

Quick Reply: Guys, we're in trouble