New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best of Tech!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that a direct source of info on LS1 stuff is better than a magazine, but when I used to be a mustang-nut (some of the darker days of my life) I learned tons of stuff about stangs. 5.0 mustangs was a great mag and there was another one too that was really good. They did all kinds of different "versus" test. They would compare heads, intakes, cams, and all kinds of different stuff on the market.

Its a damn shame that ford enthusiasts have reading material that good, and LS1 enthusiasts dont have much more than an occasional article in Super Chevy. We NEED a good magazine! not necessarily because we need more info (this site is great about that) but because I think that the LS1 cause needs a bit more publicity. PLUS I want some good reading material for class.

When I think about it though, Mustang drivers do NEED all the help they can get. They have 2+ magazines dedicated to their performance, and it still takes a blower, for them to pull on us.

no offense unit213
Old 06-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by natronathon

When I think about it though, Mustang drivers do NEED all the help they can get. They have 2+ magazines dedicated to their performance, and it still takes a blower, for them to pull on us.

no offense unit213
None taken.

Just so you know...stock for stock, a Mach1 is just as fast as an LS1 body. No blower under that hood and only an itty bitty 281ci motor.

...and the Mustang mags suck *** to. I keep them right next to the ******* with my GMHTP.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jrp
and the conclusion to that high tech lid test was a lid is a lid is a lid. you dont need to read magazine to find that out. if they were smart and had the resources that you say they do why dont they do something worth while like a head shoot. get together AFR, TEA, AS, PP, MTI, ect heads, a tr224 cam, no dyno tricks and see which nets the most power. or do a long term vavle spring test with 918's, 921's, cranes, manleys, ect. but then again, that would be something usefull . magazines are non interactive. who cares about reading up on a setup a mag prints when you cant ask the person a question directly. and where do you think mags get the money to do there projects, from sponsors, if you havent noticed at least half of mags are advertisements. you dont bad mouth the source that pays bills . at least here theres somewhat more objectivity.
Took the words out of my mouth
Old 06-19-2004, 04:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's actually a bit ironic, but I use the GMHTP as a bathroom reader also... only as a bathroom reader. I've got like 6 of them sitting on the counter in my bathroom. Right now I'm enjoying the LS1 vs LT1 while on the can