Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air bag steering column questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air bag steering column questions

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and new to Firebirds as well, well I bought a 2000 Firebird V8, I am about to replace the steering column on the car because the tilt it's not working very good, anyway the air bag on the car deployed this Is how I purchased the car, I don't see damage on the car at all I have no idea how it deployed, title Is clean, anyway I went to the junk yard and got a steering column with the steering wheel and the air bag attached I took it out all three components together, my questions are can I install it all together? I really don't care much about the air bag however I heard I need to replace the airbag module for the airbag to work again is this true? Also if I don't replace the airbag module on this car what would happen to this new steering wheel that I'm about to install which still has the airbag? I mean how do I disable the airbag I don't want it for it to be deployed once I put this new steering column in the car? Any help on this if you guys can guide me on available options of having the air bag working again and not working disabled?

Quick Reply: Air bag steering column questions