Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 07:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1

I know this isn't the right truck forum but I just recently picked up a 00' silverado and I want to go true duals catless, how would I go about that? I know it's OB-II and the cell light will trip, is there a tuner that works for my specific application? Will 2 1/2" piping be ok as gas as back pressure goes? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

A Silverado won't be a ls1 but it is a gen 3 so you'll be fine in this forum.

I've always found dual 2.5 to be the best size for a small block v8 if you want all around performance.

Programming can be handled a few different ways. Best bet is to find a local ls guru and have them program a bunch of things at once. Think headers, full exhaust, cat delete, shift points, cai, vats delete and any other stuff you want. You're paying every time they tune so instead of doing multiple tunes just get 1 major tune and save a bunch of money.
​​​​
Old 03-12-2018, 07:45 PM
Teching In

I'm not going all out with this truck, it's more of a beater truck, I just want to give it a nice exhaust.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Not sure of this works on these motors but sometimes you can get spacers that move the o2s out away from the exhaust a little and it will prevent them from throwing a code with no cats.