Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Transam starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 10:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Transam starting issues

My 2000 transam has a problem with starting, basically when I turn the key over it doesn’t click at all as if the starter was engaging . If I go into my fuse box and manually jump the starter it will start every try on the first try. Right now I have my starter relay jumped to bypass something and it clicks every time I turn the key and will start at random times, sometimes I’ll hop in and turn it over and it will start first try. other times I have to turn my key over 30 times or more to get it to start. My security light is on. Starter is ruled out because like I said if I grab a wire and jump where the starter relay goes it will start first time every time. Any ideas?
Old 03-12-2018, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

If your security light is on you already have your answer. Get the key/ignition replaced or bypass vats with a resistor that matches your key or through some programming wizardry.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:53 PM

Have you replaced your relay or swap them around. I had a friend with a similar problem what we did was take the key Tumblr out there is a small wire that broke lose after so much of the Steering wheel be in tilted up and down it was to short to make connection so what I did was get a piece of speaker wire and soldered it to the old one and to where it broke and car fired right up and didn’t have anymore problems
Old 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jesse Ybarra
Have you replaced your relay or swap them around. I had a friend with a similar problem what we did was take the key Tumblr out there is a small wire that broke lose after so much of the Steering wheel be in tilted up and down it was to short to make connection so what I did was get a piece of speaker wire and soldered it to the old one and to where it broke and car fired right up and didn’t have anymore problems
we have tried new relays, where Is the wire your talking about located?
Old 03-13-2018, 04:15 AM

I had to remove the steering wheel the air bag the steering wheel clock the bottom half of the dash and disconnected the battery negative side take the cover off the tilt I believe it’s two white wires that were connected to the back of the ignition
Old 03-13-2018, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jesse Ybarra
I had to remove the steering wheel the air bag the steering wheel clock the bottom half of the dash and disconnected the battery negative side take the cover off the tilt I believe it’s two white wires that were connected to the back of the ignition
also had to remove the turn signal and tilt handle and cover
Old 03-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Default Still not working

Tried bypassing my ignition with the correct ohms almost exact on the ohms and still nothing.