Sponsored by:

Just a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a few questions...

Im new to fbodys and the forum...

Recently picked up a slightly modded 98 z28 automatic for a awesome price (story at the end of this post)
Ive been told its 5.3 swapped and have verified this by block numbers the motor is from a 2010 (silverado im assuming) has 224/228 cam LT headers shift kit 3800 circle d stall arp bolts thru the motor 3.73 gears and a few other goodies.

1. The front left tire leans in (towards the motor) but the front right is just fine...any ideas on what it could be or what to look for?

2. What size are all the speakers cause the only two that work are the ones in the doors and they sound OH SO lovely. Any recommendations on what sound good for a decent price?

3. You only hear this sound when it turns over and when it turns off, the sound sounds like something near the transmission it is rotational but once the car starts it goes away. Flex plate loose maybe?

4. The car will not start unless you give feather the throttle...???

5. The fuel gauge is stuck on full...always. Ive ran out of gas already lol

For those interested in the long story ill make it short.

Story:

Guy that owned it before me was dealing drugs out of the car : / was doing 130+ one night got pulled over had drugs in the car as well and he was hauled off to jail. The car was impounded and he called me when he got out and said that if I paid to get the car out of the impound and give him $200 I could have the car... The cost to get the car out? $439.88
Old 03-17-2018, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

Speaker sizes are 6.5 inches, 4 inches and .75 inches for the tweeters.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try checking the tps for the feathering problem with the gas pedal.