Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake and Throttle body swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 11:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Intake and Throttle body swap

Ok Gents I decided to go ahead with doing my own installation (far from an expert) of parts on my 2000 ws6, and want to thank all the users on this site with the amount of knowledge that is in these forums. To the issue I have! A few years ago I purchased a professional products intake manifold http://professional-products.com/cat...esult/?q=52064 and throttle body http://professional-products.com/cat...esult/?q=69728 . These are 4 bolt systems not like the standard ls1 3 bolt setups. Where I am getting confused Is with all the connections that my stock intake and TB have and these parts do not have the same connections. IE: the coolant lines? running at the bottom of the TB do not have ports on the PPTB. I believe either a LS6 Coolant line or an adapter can be installed to bypass as its for heating the TB for cold weather. However, there is a what I think is an egr connection line on the top of the stock intake and the New intake does not have this port. I have read about doing an EGR delete? With the knowledge that I have I am not sure of what else needs to be modified to make this operate properly. Any Threads or advice with this swap will be very appreciated. Trying to make sure I am on the right track with this swap. TIA.
Attached Thumbnails Intake and Throttle body swap-intake.jpg   Intake and Throttle body swap-engine.jpg  
Old 04-25-2018, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

Received 176 Likes on 129 Posts

Wow. That new intake looks really heavy. I went a different route with my swap, but I could probably help a little.

1) Yes, you will have to delete the EGR with the new intake. This is a good thing.
2) You don't need the coolant lines to be connected to the throttle body. Here's one way to "delete" that:

I don't know how you're going to connect the throttle body. I'm thinking you will need a new throttle body (4-bolt). I have heard about adapters, but I haven't seen one.