New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TAC Module & Pedal for 5.3 (L33?) - Drive By Wire

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAC Module & Pedal for 5.3 (L33?) - Drive By Wire

Hello and thank you for taking the time to look. I'm new to this forum but have heard great things about the people here.

I hope I am allowed to ask an LS, but non-Camaro/Firebird question.

My donor engine came from a '04 Buick Rainer (Trailblazer platform). 5.3 aluminum block. L33 maybe? It uses the Blue/Green ECM.

It's now planted in a 1949 Chevy Pickup.

Unfortunately, I did not get my TAC module and pedal with my donor. I have stripped the harness down to the essentials, but now I'm trying to determine what I need for the TAC and pedal.

I actually already purchased a pedal. It may or may not be the correct one. It seems there were several differences b/t the V6 and V8 model, and the pedal may have been one of them.

The pedal I currently have installed, has a 6 pin, in a row connector. It seems that when I search for the pedal for this vehicle, there are two different types, but both use that same 6 pin connector.

Now my problem is that I'm not sure which TAC module to purchase. All the ones I find on Ebay and elsewhere, have a pedal with them that looks nothing like mine. The Wiring Connection doesn't even appear to be the same. Mine is clearly a six pin, in a row.

I've tried salvage yards, but the V8 SUVs are hard to find.

I talked to Ryan at PSIconversion.com. He was helpful, but suggested I need to cut out my bracket and replace it with a truck pedal and truck TAC module.

I really want a second opinion before I cut out my bracket. My pedal acutally looks very similar to the Corvette pedal '07+

Anyone with experience, or maybe a vehicle in this range (2004) can see what their pedal connection looks like.

I might be able to just purchase one of these, but I don't want to cut out the pedal bracket if I don't have to.
Maybe I could rewire/solder the connection to make it work.
Any help is appreciated.

What I'm finding on Ebay:

Thanks guys.