Sponsored by:

Nitrous Guidance

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Guidance

Hey Guys,

Starting this off simple. Want to run mid 10s full weight if possible. Hoping to do this on happy gas, but sincerely don’t know a ton about kits, jet sizing for this ET and so on. Well aware it’ll need to be tuned, so perhaps whatever shop I use can help as well. Any shop recommendations for the San Antonio/Austin TX area? Car is new to me, so I’ll still be learning plenty.

Car:
LS2 freshly built
LS3 top end
BTR Stage 3
Built 4L60E
Speed Engineering headers into Y
Full UMI suspension
9” Ford fear end
Nitto 555r

Like I said just would like to be able to run a mid 10 for now on happy gas. At some point I’ll start weight reduction and so forth. Any thoughts?

P.S. Sorry for posting in the LS1 section. I just definitely consider myself a newbie with these motors (I come from the diesel world)

Last edited by 02F-Body; 01-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a fun build. Are you really running an LS6 intake with LS3 heads? What's the diameter of your exhaust post-Y? What converter? What fuel pump? Who's you current tuner?

Personally I would get it running well N/A at the track first. Everything working right you should be able to run low/mid-11's with that kind of power. Then call Nitrous Outlet for your kit. They will give you good advice.

You can tune the nitrous yourself starting with a good N/A tune, then use a Lingenfelter box for timing and an assortment of jets and a wideband for AFR. Reading spark plugs.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:36 AM
Teching In

I’m not sure why I said LS6 intake. My bad. It is an LS3 top end.

I dont remeber the converter or fuel fuel pump off hand. I wrote that stuff down and will get a full idea of everything tomorrow. Again, I’m new to the car. Also because of that I don’t currently have a tuner, that’s why I asked for recommendations.

I didnt think the car car would run mid 11s as is. I guess we’ll see when I’m able to track it. I’m open to doing the tuning myself if that’s something I can safely do.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good deal. I don't have a tuner recommendation in your area. A lot of people use PatG in Victoria. LSX Power Tuning in Brenham is a sponsor and has a good reputation. I'm sure there are others closer to you. You might get better responses in the Texas forum or the PCM tuning forum.

Same for the nitrous-specific and drag racing forums. There is lots of information on this site for nitrous and drag racing. I suggest you read the stickies in the nitrous forum and the posts there.

Tuning the nitrous for a small-medium shot (up to 150 hp) isn't that complicated. Start with a good N/A tune. Then you just have to tune the plugs, timing and air/fuel ratio for the nitrous, which you can and should do yourself so you get to know how your car and system.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gesto
Good deal. I don't have a tuner recommendation in your area. A lot of people use PatG in Victoria. LSX Power Tuning in Brenham is a sponsor and has a good reputation. I'm sure there are others closer to you. You might get better responses in the Texas forum or the PCM tuning forum.

Same for the nitrous-specific and drag racing forums. There is lots of information on this site for nitrous and drag racing. I suggest you read the stickies in the nitrous forum and the posts there.

Tuning the nitrous for a small-medium shot (up to 150 hp) isn't that complicated. Start with a good N/A tune. Then you just have to tune the plugs, timing and air/fuel ratio for the nitrous, which you can and should do yourself so you get to know how your car and system.
That all sounds like excellent advice. Thank you!
Old 01-03-2019, 02:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Feel free to give us a call we can defiantly take car of you. We have tuned everything from stock cars with nitrous to 2000+hp nitrous cars.