Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gen 4 Z/28 help

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen 4 Z/28 help

Hello,=left
I'm new to the camaro world. I recently picked up a 2000 z/28 LS1 4L60 off a guy that was going to crush it not being able to allow that to happen to a z/28, I made an offer for what was left of the car to work on with my kids. Body is in great shape no rust. It did come with a clean title. Anyhow the car is essentially a shell, I will need to get a dog house and suspension for it. I have most of the interior but some stuff isn't in that great of shape. I noticed that v6 camaros are dime a dozen how much stuff would I be able to pull of and use for my z/28? The fuse box was cut out would a V6 dash,fuse box, and wiring harness work are they the same? I know the rear end and suspension is different. Id just use the parts car for fenders, doors, interior pieces, and small odds and end thing. Like I said Im a complete rookie with camaro's any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gsxrboyz
Hello,=left
I'm new to the camaro world. I recently picked up a 2000 z/28 LS1 4L60 off a guy that was going to crush it not being able to allow that to happen to a z/28, I made an offer for what was left of the car to work on with my kids. Body is in great shape no rust. It did come with a clean title. Anyhow the car is essentially a shell, I will need to get a dog house and suspension for it. I have most of the interior but some stuff isn't in that great of shape. I noticed that v6 camaros are dime a dozen how much stuff would I be able to pull of and use for my z/28? The fuse box was cut out would a V6 dash,fuse box, and wiring harness work are they the same? I know the rear end and suspension is different. Id just use the parts car for fenders, doors, interior pieces, and small odds and end thing. Like I said Im a complete rookie with camaro's any help would be appreciated.
If youryo planning on staying with an v6 then yes all of that will work. Fuse box may be a bit different. Since it's basically a shell i would swap in an newer engine and use a truck harness and fuse box
Old 01-22-2019, 07:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would think if the parts car had the same options the dash harness would be the same as well as the stuff the v6 and v8 have in common like the lighting, wipers and so on, i know on the trucks you can just plug the v8 harness into the ecu and just change the setting for v8